Chapter 5 : Strange

5

Been a while on the road standing alone as my will was not allowing me to move.

I was caught up into my deep assessments that I didn't even cared about the uncanny silence of the streets that day.

I turned my head to the left towards the coffee shop. The bulb decoration was still on, signifying someone was still in there. I thought of not going to the shop because I felt Merry onni wouldn't be there. But it was already so chilled outside that I couldn't resist going in there for a bit before I could leave to my apartment.

**

*Rings*
I pushed the door a little and tried to take a quick peek before I enter. Shop was already deserted, like who will come for coffee at this hour.

I subordinated myself inside.
Ah! It felt warm.

Before I could think about anything, unexpectedly I spotted Merry onni. She was coming at me as she saw me.

"Why she is in here?", I questioned in murmurs as I knew her shift was not this much late. "Oh god!", My face turn into awe as I saw her frequently jiggling eyebrows accompanied with her evil not so evil sunny smile. I knew that notorious expression of her.

She came close to me. I paused.
She then hit her shoulder on mine showing her wickedness.

"What?", I asked.

"What!", She responded.
"I was not expecting you this early", she smiled pressing her lips together.

"So what else were you expecting?".

"Oh..you wanna know, what I expected!".

"N-no thanks! I'm better off without that".

Onni looked behind my back at the door. "So where is he?", She asked.

"Who? Jin!....well he left", I quickened and started walking towards the reception table.

Merry onni seemed confused a little. Then she followed me. "So you guys made plan of meeting further, right?".

I blanked. As we didn't even talk before he left, not even wished safe journey or take care. But I decided to come up with something for onni, "Ya sure...we enjoyed and made plan for meeting further". Though we didn't.

" Oh that's so great for the day. Both you and your room mate had their dates on the same day", onni exaggerated.

"That wasn't a date", I shook my head as I wanted her not to go far.

"Ohh...then what will you call that? Huhh!".

"Just a normal get together of two new friends, for now".

"Oohoo... friends, I see", onni was in full mood to tease me. However, her talks always bring smile on my face.

"Ah! I'm happy for you. You have his number, right?", Onni looked at me gently swinging his head up and down. Hoping a big yes from me.

But on other hand my inner voices covered me from all around, "OH GOD! THE NUMBER! HOW CAN I NOT ASK HIM ABOUT THAT!".

My face dropped as I heard what onni asked. I didn't want to tell her the truth. So I also started shooking my head up and down for coping her.

She wanted to ask more, but I interrupted, "Why you are here this late?".

"Ohh me...I have taken leave for 2 hours tomorrow, as my relatives are visiting somewhere nearby. So they want to meet me and then tell my parents that I'm fine, doing good in the new place on my own and so on...", Merry onni was successfully diverted. I revived.