Chapter 12: The start

12

...
Zzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

The bus moving on its rhythmic pace while I was wandering deep inside my mid day dreams as I was fast asleep on my seat.

*Creaksss*

The bus stopped with a buzz.
My sleep paralysis was over due to the vibrations the whole bus just felt.

I was still out for a few seconds. I rubbed my eyes warmly and sat properly.

I roamed my eyes around.

"Oh yeah! I'm on a bus....wait what", I tried to get a grip of the situation at first but I failed.

But that last shock brought me back and half sleeping brain.

I was awake then. "Ahhh! I was going to somewhere... Pyeong un...no sanjil".

I looked inside the bus. It was almost vacant.

I looked at the driver and bus conductor. They were sitting a little ahead of me.

"New place...am I lost?", I mumbled.

I walked towards the conductor to ask where am I .

Luckily, he looked at me and said "Miss now you awake...your stop is still ahead. I remembered your stop because you were the only one going there".

I sat back comfortably. Sleeping can be stressing sometimes.

I gathered my bag and see around if anything is left on seat.

My phone was already dead.
But I didn't even used that much.

My bad for forgetting its charger.

The bus started to slowing down. The conductor looked at me. I grabbed his signal and came forward towards the exit.

Bus stopped, I stepped down. "What is this", I said while saw the bus leaving me behind.

My fist tightened the suitcase handle when I saw that I'm in the middle of nowhere. Just surrounded by long and husky trees around one lane road, on which side I stood.

Hopefully I saw a old bus stand with broken wooden seats and a pole with the name 'SANJIL' encarved over it. It means I got at right place atleast.

I took a breathe before starting my search for life. I saw a narrow lane going beside me which was hidden into long trees.

A road, I saw and started walking on it which carried me away from that main road.

After a while of walk, I saw people and town, atleast some homes. It wasn't deserted at all as it seemed at the bus stop.

Soon I reach a shop and asked for bottle of water. The people around was a bit overwhelmed looking a rare lady in long dress with big bag walking around.
"The maroon palace..how can I go there?", I asked.

To which the shop owner responded by raising his eyebrows. And didn't said a thing.

To remove the awkward silence.I said " Why the bus stop is so deserted even there is good number of people here."

"Ahh..bus is not a appropriate option. Because our neighbour town is not so far from here. And also buses are not available always till here as this place is at distance ends."

"Oh..I see that's why there were not much buses from Pyeong un to here".

"Umm..you came from Pyeong un to see Maroon palace." He said while not making eye contact."They don't take visitors nowadays".