Chapter 20 : Fair trade

.

20

.

Wind swirling around with a hushing noice not so pleasing, on the break of December, penetrating the skin and stinging the pours.

Bright sunshine was only hope where I stood near in front of the queen sitting on the bench among the collection of exotic leaves around, the castle garden.

Such excuses were least to be cared for as situation was casting some un-cold emissions. Complexity of which was definitely raising the temperatures by putting my mind on work.

"Umm...so SeokJin also?"

I didn't wish to hear further as it was already hard for her. She frowned while looking down giving a recognisable signal.

I kept quiet.

The queen sat straight, "There is some hope... someone in the life of my son. That hope which wasn't there for my husband."

I grew keen, tilting my head.

"It was his 18 birthday. We were in USA when the first unheralded escapade occured. He fainted during the celebration after complaining about a bizzare headache. Doctor suggested mild glucose for him but next morning he woke up loosing memories all the persons he'd been interected except me.

We went on series of therapy sessions and ample of specialists, still nobody was able to atleast draw any checkpoint into our path. The only conclusion I got was the blood relation with my son had preserved my memories for him."

"So...you are his hope!"

"No...my husband was also able to recognise his deceased parents but not others."

She took a breather, "Agatha and her daughter lived across the street in USA. We got along over time during my residence in the arrived country with SeokJin. Everyone was of the opinion that it's mild and something related to stress these days kids bear. But only I knew what curse it was.

Her daughter was Sofia, she was in Seokjin's friends circle and used to hang out often. I remember the time we were going through sessions when that day, truly loathed and ungreeted, arrived with same irrational headache SeokJin complaint about.

Sofia offered to help for that day. She was nice and tidy decked up with all baby-pinkish scraf around. SeokJin only knew she was one of those he had forgotten and supposedly from his friend circle. That might be making him feel miserable from inside.

Next day the scenario repeated again. I brought about his 'Book of memories ' again starting from scratch the same procedure I do after each those...those damned Black Days.

But that day was not as usual as I thought. SeokJin after understanding his reason of voidness...his miserable senses compelling him down. While I could do nothing but to see him all shattering apart by making him know he's abnormal, a burdon.

He indicated onto a scarf over the chair near dresser, telling me something which brimmed my world of tangled and loosed strings with something called strength of hope. He said he know that scraf belong to a girl across street. He couldn't utter any names but for me that was hope.

I openly talked to Agatha and the consultative therapist about it. We even made progress by upholding Sofia's fluck as an expectation. Agatha got to know my royal family background as well.

However, the escalation of progress was somehow stagnated. It was like going on higher level and getting there stuck.

After Seokjin's graduation the therapist suggested to go to the origin for any clues. Agatha insisted to tag along me but her daughter didn't agreed. But anyhow we four came down here in Seoul.

We had already so much in plate, no time was lost instead the investigations, enquiries and all dig ups were made. I never knew my son was so strong to hold till now, unlike anyone previously libelled of this curse.

Out of nowhere Agatha proposed marriage between the two. I wasn't sure, but she insisted it was best and here we are."

My mind was in deep trance, a feeling when you hear someone's life story and felt fascinated and thrilled. Story was fancy and somehow sorrowful. But one important question was still pending.

I stepped ahead, showing a concerned sign. I sighed, "What did I do so you have to tell me the whole story even if it was hard for you!"

The queen raised her iris, falling over me, "You gave a reason to lit my hope up bloating in. He remembered your name! Its huge!"

I was taken aback. Sudden heart impulse hyperbolized causing a dilemma with vague delusions.

"I want to go home!"

"No!"
Queen stood up indicating me to relax. "Listen Y/N , we are not bad people. The curse isn't contagious. I'm not here to trap you against your will"

"Then what is this. Its already so complicated. Did you plan to bring me here as well?"

"Y/N...I know you'd liked SeokJin when you met him. I don't know what happened because his memories were erased. But something stronger beyond anyone's control brought you here in his search."

"Yaa...and the first thing I saw was him getting engaged. I regret coming here, nothing is going right."

"Its..I can make sure it won't be hard on you. But can you please stay!"

"Hard? I felt void of emotions. I don't wanna see him anymore. Please no!"

I started backing off. My blood was rushing from veins causing a pit red glow on my face.

The queen turned to her all straight face, "Fine. Here is the deal! A whole 100 thousand dollars!"

"B-but!"

"Let me finish! 200 thousand USD just for you if you stay!"

"That's a lot-"

"Not enough! If really the conditions improved the way justified, a bigger reward might be waiting for you!"

"More than that?"

"More than what you couldn't earn by any kind of lowly job of yours you perform back in downtown"

I felt dehydrated. My eyes shut to breathe properly. Queen was confident enough that her proposal was no in any position to be rejected. My mind caught up in a dilemma.

"We can talk out the terms inside", Queen gestured while walking as she knew I was already on my knees.

I followed her quietly. Should I accept the offer? No! Yes! I didn't know!

The long gown slowed my steps and I left behind a bit. Not as fast as her, I was concerned not to hit the ground while walking in this. Why did I even though to carry this on?

Maybe that time I would've blindly gotten into the proposal because my mind was dull enough to think of any odds in the deal. But something made my eyes linger around the corner of hallway.

As all, SeokJin appeared from front walking towards me. Probably not to me but when his stare fall on me from the ground. I felt stunned, freezed.

He remember me, right? He called my name! What that means? He know me? Probably no! But he should?

Some dubious mystic vibrations started bloating into my stomach. Its effects intensified with every step SeokJin took towards me.

I didn't know what I was waiting for.

And just like that, he came across me and moved on like nothing. I turned back to see his broad back fleeing away and disappeared around another corner of the hallway.

That feeling which was pleasing me a moment ago, pierced through my soul instantly. A sudden hit of ignorance got me hard this time. It made me remember the things I suffer on the railing side last night. Maybe those tear traces were erased but the hurt stayed as a memory. A memory needed to be forgotten.

He's engaged! Am I fooling myself? So childish!

.... To be continued....