Chapter 26 : Birthday

.

26
.

Last night, SeokJin tried very hard not to fell asleep. He thought maybe this time he could hold himself. Empty cups and kettle of coffee which was warm few hours before were all across his study table in the room. Bitten apples and lemons were on the plate, ruined. Maybe the guy really wanted this to work.

But the thing was, SeokJin wasn't sleepy so how any of this could even help? Somewhere around the edges he lost his consciousness, not because he was weak but because this can't be helped.

Usually morning like these are attended by his mother reciting the Book of memories to bring back what was lost. SeokJin believes her because she's the only one he could remember in this vastness.

Probably that's what makes his heart heavy, knowing he's ill and pathetic.

It aches my heart so much, because he's a pure soul.

And me! Well I'll be off today. Leaving here to go back to Seoul. I won't be going empty, all this experience, pain, confusion or infatuation whatever it is would accompany me till many more lives. I wonder if I could even feel anything close that I felt for him, my SeokJin.

Am I selfish for leaving him on his own? But he's in good hands, no?

Due to some last night context, I woke up late this morning. Casually getting ready to leave! Fully prepared, mentally!

It doesn't look when surging gales turned their directions. A bang was heard on my door. It was loud and excited. The sudden erruption scared me a bit. I was in dress, done with morning washups.

When I opened the door. My eyes met the honey brown ones of Kim Taehyung. He was panting in exhaustion. What's going on?

My sixth sense made a hit on my spine as I got covered into sudden goosebumps and unreadable emotions. Something was up to?

"What happened?" My brows knitted in concern.

"himwasyoudidit"

"What? Taehyung?"

"You did it!" He almost shouted.

My knees felt weak, shuting up each thought that could probably float inside my mind. "I did what?" Did I really want an answer to that?

"He's back..he did not forget anything in last night!" Taehyung mumbled in joy, tears visible in his half-moon eyes.

I cupped my mouth, curled to the side wall. I was genuinely happy and wanted nothing but to see him right now!

===================== (This morning in Seokjin's room)

Seokjin's mother came in without knocking, all to find his son sleeping peacefully on his bed. His finger had handful of sheet groped and lips forming a little pout. She sat on his table chair, to wait for him.

SeokJin woke up after a while, rubbing his lazy eyes gently. No one could ever know how much of confused he would have felt but once his gaze settled on his smiling mother, his tensed shoulders eased.

His mother opened the curtains for the light and gave him a sweet morning fondle over face. While he sat with his glittery eyes and world famous petite smile.

About the fact that the mother has seen a needle on his study table (has thrown away) and the tiny scratches on his skin, indicating the boy was poking the needle to stay awake last night.

Little do he knew, his mother never goes to her room on such nights. She was always around him all the time. The boy was fallen by head on his table after loosing consciousness. It was her who carried him over to the bed.