Chapter 25 : Night fall

.

25

.

The journey was deliriously silent. Locating time at night is much harder than day as there is no sun. But it was the last thing I could care about. Instead I was looking outside of the window wondering what I could even see in this pitched dark night.

Why Sofia didn't show up? SeokJin said she'll come. Probably this was her plan. Really? Does she want exactly what Namjoon wants?

Unlike cities, the road was vacant at night. Everything seems asleep. I wonder what SeokJin be thinking sitting on the front seat. Today was the black day , he won't be doing well I guess. And mostly he'll forget our moments we lived today, so no need to fret about it. I sighed.

The car stopped by the gate. The place that I left this morning was gonna be my shelter for tonight as well. How pathetic!

SeokJin didn't spared a glance on me rather walked ahead. I tried to match his speed.

Walking few yards in silence.
"This will happen again, no?"

"What?" I said.

"I'll forget you again!"

To this I rather sucked up my breathe and looked at my feet. He was making me emotional somehow.
"It's fate" i gave a long tight smile. He returned back.

I saw him moving ahead, but I waited until he was gone. Looking at the night sky I wondered how everyone is doing back at Seoul. I didn't know what to say to the highness about why I'm still here. Guess it has to wait till I see her.

I lowkey reached my room hoping to avoid any kind of unprepared interactions with anyone. Just before the knob could be twisted, a voice came slicing through.

"Oh Annyeong! (Oh hi!)"

I retracted my hand in a sudden and pulled them upto my chest.

"Sorry. Didn't wanted you-"

"You!"

Who could it be, none other than the sole knight of the palace, Kim Taehyung.

"Ah! Yeah me"

I raised by brows because he was being hack of unusual.

"Come on, don't look at me constantly. I'm shy!" He moved his body frantically, trying to over express his blush.

"What do you want?"

He scoffed and stood straight. "Nothing more than you have already given"

"What!?"

"Thanks for trying. For today" his smile felt genuine as his face eased slowly.

"Oh well" it was your plan indeed, wasn't it?

"If you need anything, you can say. Thanks for holding up for little longer" he wasn't flirty but friendly. Friendly is comforting.

"Well...I could use a charger"

"Oh yeah sure! But I don't carry it in my pockets" he gestured towards himself.

"Okay sorry"

"No wait. I'll get it for you now" I thought about the vastness of the mansion and the amount of rooms it holds. The night was already getting matured. I stopped him.

"No. Not now. Its night. I'll come you tomorrow. Thanks for your consideration!"

"Your phone must be dead"

"It is" a slow giggle escaped my lips.

"I'll get going then. Thanks again " with that he walked away. He's not that foolish maybe? He's just childish.