Chapter 11 : The Town

11

"Huusshh"
A long deep exhale exited my mouth when I stood at the end of a rock cemented platform.

I reached the destination.
Yes, I reached Pyeong un. The train journey was over.

It was yesterday when I left Seoul by catching a train of this route. I reached the station around noon. When I enquired about any train to Pyeong un, the departmental staff seemed confused a bit.

On my request, he ruffled around his train charts and after a reasonable wait, he gave me a ticket of a train after 2 hours.

I waited in the allotted waiting room and aboarded the train on its time.

The departure was right on time, that's how my train journey started.

I'm glad that I reached here safe and sound.

After getting down the train at Pyeong un I started walking out of the station and here I stood at the end of the platform.

I was inhaling and exhaling deep breathes as the environment seemed so settled and quiet.

Away from the city rush. I was just enjoying the beauty of dawn at the country side.
As maybe that's all I can do this early.

The surroundings were almost deserted as it was probably just 6 am in the morning.

I didn't tried to rush through to find other transport or ask to people, a few which were at the station. I just wanted to relax and see the sunrise from there. Also this new feeling of new journey was pretty mesmerizing.

The air, I inhaled was also fregrancing and giving positive hormones.

"Gosh ! I love it here right now".

I never had any experience of mine with country side. Being a city girl, I never got a chance to stay somewhere like this. Even the morning was so beautiful here rather than in city where you can hear traffic almost 24×7×365.

I looked up at the grey sky. Few stars were shining. "Oh sun is gonna come up soon", I mumbled.

It was just a matter of seconds that I could see mild and weak sun rays of the morning hitting me and the surfaces around me.

The stairs ahead of me became completely visible. I could see the golden sky and and trees to the wide ranges.
Not being in the middle of skyscrapers, I could see what earth really look like.

That's when I inhaled the peace for the last time.

All the mixed up emotions of mine presented a amazing experience of that dawn that I'll carry till my grave. Its preciously stored in my heart forever.

I joggled to make myself moving, as I haven't travelled this far for this holy sunrise.

I stepped down the stairs of the platform on the road in front.

I walked, with my suitcase in hands dragging through wheels, to the near rickshaw stand.

A few fellows with their vehicle just arrived there as I saw from distance.

I went near. "Can anyone take me to the maroon palace?", I asked to a younger fellow, talking with others, in well decent tone.

He seemed confused, "What is that?".

I pulled my torso back as I was confused myself about what to say now!

Thankfully a man, in near 50s, appeared in between and asked me, "The maroon palace? You said?".

"De (yes)", I jiggled in hope as I was not lost. People around knew what I was talking about.

"Its not near, you know. You need a bus to go".