Chapter 27 : Confrontations

.

            27

.

Sometimes people can't feel the same for you the way you feel for them. Everyone like different things, have different feelings, experiences, surroundings.

No matter how hard you try, act or behave. You could get replaced just like that within snap of fingers.

Its not their fault for not returning those feelings back. Its just...has to be this way. And you can't do anything about it.

That moment, I truly realised how much SeokJin meant to me. I wasn't confused when I came all the way to this town, I wasn't confused when I left Seoul. It was clear from the very start. How this melon plump liped boy has gotten to the core of my heart.

I love him, more than ever. That's why, I should leave.

=====================

I wasn't sure if I should tell anyone about my plan of leaving tonight. I might tell someone when time comes. But for now, the celebration eve was important.

I didn't even wished him happy birthday as we never interected afterwards to be precise.

Even though, I was special guest, I prefer to linger away to the side under the faint cinnamon roses which fregranted the entire view.

Away from the bunches, I was doing just fine, with a glass of wine to stir leisurely. Trying to shut up every thought which includes SeokJin, but still regularly catching him among the people, verbalizing and laughing, from that distance.

Someone made an entry, it was Sofia. She lowly slipped into the crowd to reach him. I was gazing her aimlessly. It didn't took me long to realise she was up to something. She wasn't here to socialize.

SeokJin hold her hand and gave a head nod, indicating his approval. But for what?

"I have something to say!" Sofia clearly wanted everyone to listen to her.

The chatters died like anything. Even her mother seemed puzzled because of her action.

"We are breaking off this engagement!" As soon as those vowels escape pass her lips, the entire room heated with suffocated arguments. SeokJin nodded while standing by her side. Agatha urged to make her way in the crowd to stop this. But this was already done!

"The reason is..." She took a look on SeokJin who was looking back at her. His hold on her hand tightened signalling her to keep going. ".. SeokJin is healed now. We all here are the witnesses. He's completely fine after all those sufferings he had. So there is no point for me to help him furthermore. That's why-"

"No! STOP!" It was Agatha. "Have you lost it? What are you saying?" She was enraged of her daughter's actions.

Without even listening further, she grabbed her hand and ran out from the room. Leaving a quite condensed environment inside. SeokJin followed her, I did too.

On reaching a side room, she threw Sofia aggressively. And nearly shouted for ruining everything. SeokJin got a hold of Sofia and supported her to get on feets.

Seokjin's mother came in quick after the incident. She knew much more about what's going around. She's a smart one.

She hold Agatha from throwing more tantrums. "Christie! Look what foolishness they are doing"

"Relax, calm down. Just listen to them firs-"

"She has lost his mind. Breaking off her engagement just like that!" Agatha urged to escape from her hold.