Cursed Womb Arc -Part I-

The sky was gloomy as if they mourned the fate that would befall on the first years. Worst case possibility that Ijichi told them, a special grade curse might be inside the Detainee block 2. It was not supposed to be the task for the first years, yet no one was available except her.

"Normally, a jujutsu sorcerer on par with the cursed spirit would take on the mission. On a day like today, that would be Gojo-sensei," Fushiguro said, and his eyes travelled to the girl who's been analyzing something on the tab. Even though he was excited that it was the first mission he has with her, but something in his head told him that probably she was asked to do the mission since she's available. Kugisaki on the other hand was wondering about the new person she just met today. Although she came to the school yesterday, but she still hasn't had the chance to meet with Y/N personally.

"I-I see. So, where is Gojo-sensei?" Itadori asked, his eyes looking around to see if Gojo was around.

"Away on business," Fushiguro answered. "He's not someone who should be loafing around at the school in the first place." His head went over to the memory where he was leaving and told him not to expect any souvenirs.

"Unfortunately, we're constantly short-handed in this business," Ijichi butted in. "You'll often have to undertake missions beyond your power. The current case, however, is an abnormal one, and most urgent. Do not fight under any circumstances. If you encounter a special grade, your options are to either run or die." Kugisaki and Itadori was surprised by what Ijichi suggested them. "Though, luckily Akiba-san was around to help. Still, please just listen to your fears. Do not forget that your mission here is strictly the verification and rescue of survivors."

"Um, is Akiba-san strong?" Itadori asked. Personally, Fushiguro also didn't know about what grade she was and how strong she was. His question really gained Fushiguro's interest.

"She usually went to exorcise a first grade or above by herself," Ichiiji answered and by that, the three already know what it meant.

"Oh yeah, who's she? It's my first time seeing her," Kugisaki also asked Ijichi. Although they have the same mission, Y/N went ahead of them as she has to know the area perfectly before activating her technique. The two boys didn't tell Kugisaki in detail about her back then which made her really left in the dark about her presence.

"Akiba Y/N. You can say she's a student like us, but she got some unique circumstances with her," Itadori beat Fushiguro on introducing her to Kugisaki. Kugisaki only mouthed an 'oh' before a commotion happened behind them.

"Excuse me!" a lady shouted from behind them, blocked by some of the people guarding the place. "Excuse me, where's Tadashi?!"

"Stop! Stay back! Please stay back!" one of the guards warned.

"Is Tadashi.. Is my son Tadashi all right?" her face was plastered with worry and anxious. It was obvious to them. Empathy in Itadori grew as he watched the scene unfold. The guards kept on reminding the woman to stay back since it was dangerous. Ijichi blocked Itadori's view to prevent him to be distracted.

"She's a guardian who was here for a visit," Ijichi said to Itadori before his attention went to the woman. "Please step away. There's possibility that someone has spread poisonous gas throughout the center. We cannot share any more details at this time." The lady was dejected after what Ijichi informed her. She fell to the ground, bailed on the fate fell on her and her son.

"Fushiguro, Kugisaki. We're gonna save them!" Itadori exclaimed and the two agreed. Ijichi looked at the girl who stood still before the big eerie building before her.

"Akiba-san, are you ready?" he asked, and she finally made a movement. She turned around and gave the tab to him. He gladly accepted before she went back to look at the building.