The Trust I Had

Mobius POV

I didn't understand it, but I meet him and couldn't let go. I mean I had researched him for years. But when I met him, really met him, I couldn't let go. No matter how many times he left, or tried to.

And right now, he had left and I was screwed, the moment everyone heard of this, I was dead. Everyone would have my head, I trusted him. I trusted the motherfucking God of mischief.

He was known for backstabbing, I knew this better than anyone. So why was I surprised he left. Cause I thought I could change him, I believed that I could change someone unwilling to do so for their own mother.

"Goddammit I'm so stupid!" I say exasperated, I trusted this idiot. Then again I guess that's redundant, I'm the idiot. I trusted him and he stabbed me in the back. Like usual.

"We all are." one guy says sitting behind me his head in his hands. I'm leaned over myself, hands on my knees, looking towards where I last saw him. I sigh and throw my head down.

God, I hope he's okay, well whatever good is left, he could've probably killed them all by now.

I've doubted him constantly, that's cause now if I doubt him, he'll doubt himself. I know it's not right, after all I know he's capable, I believe and hope for him so much it's probably not okay.

Especially because we only meet a little while ago. I know I shouldn't feel this way. I talked to Ravonna again, she's my boss and a close friend. She told me not to get too close to him, he was a Variant. And not only that but he was dangerous, after all, it was a variation of him causing all these disappearances and harm to people. So if that one can do that what can the other do.

God, no I'm screwed. Ravonna's gonna kill me, the entire TVA is. I'm gonna lose my job. I'm gonna lose everything. I could get deleted.

No, they wouldn't do that, they need me to find him and the other one again, after that we can get rid of both of them and move on with life. Yeah, then I can go back to normal. I've studied him, I understand him, I would say better than he knows himself in some ways. And that's why I don't think I can live without him.

Then again they'll assign me to another project and I'll be okay, yeah, I'll handle it and it'll be fine. Life goes on, doesn't it?

A/N- I'll update after every episode probably. This is my first MLM book so I'm excited and nervous. But we will see how it goes. Chapters may come out later than others due to word counts, we will see how it goes and work from there, won't we :) -Kate