The Debate

Ravonna's POV (for some spice up:)

To say I was shocked that Loki could be a help and not a hindrance to what the TVA and the time guardians were doing was unfathomable.

Like I'm sorry, but is he not the God of mischief. That's how I knew there was something behind this. And I thought Mobius could be a part of it. Yeah, I was his friend. But we protected the timeline first and foremost.

But the question is, how do I bring up my suspicions of Loki to someone who trusts him, and may have a pretty good reason to as well, I don't know though. Then again none of us do, no other timelines have bridged off. So we don't know what's happening, or if anything happened at all.

Which is worrying me. Something had to be happening. I mean we had two high-risk Variants and nothing was happening...

Something was brewing I could feel it. And I couldn't stand not knowing whatever was going on.

I was currently pacing in my office, waiting for Mobius to come in. He was late normally but this was later. Wait never mind my brain is working overtime trying to process this situation. So clockwork isn't fully something I can understand right now. He had ten minutes left till it's time for the meeting and I was stressing more than I had in years.

It had been that way the past two days. I was stressing myself out more than I ever had.

I say down, trying to calm myself. I sigh and put my head in my hands. Closing my eyes for a second. That's when I hear a knock on my door.

I look up at the door to see Mobius slightly peaking his head through.

"Hey, " he says closing the door behind him. He looks over at me. "Hello, " I say with a slight sigh and dipping my head down at a 70* angle.

"Bad news?" he asks cautiously sitting down as to hear what I have to say.

"What's going in with Loki, " I ask blandly as I know he knows something and I might as well get this over with.

"I don't know, what's going on with Loki?" he asks nervously. He cares about this Variant, we all knew it was a bad idea and that something would happen. He had heavily researched Loki and now he can't let go cause he's realized Loki is a real person and has been through stuff that has made him the way he is. The same with everyone who messes up our process.

"You know something don't play dumb with me Mobi, " I say getting annoyed, he needs to admit something about this variant. And in only saying that cause I know he knows something.

"I really don't I know the same as you Ravonna, " he says trying to convince me to this. I know him well enough to tell when he's lying. Right now though, I don't think he is.

"Really, you know nothing about what's going on?" I ask, definitely more questioning him this time. And intrigued, I figured he would know something about what's going on and why the timeline hasn't diverged yet.

After all, we all knew or thought it would. I mean, we have two high-risk no-care variants out. And yet nothing has happened, not a peep. Something is suspected to happen always after we make it back without the capture of a variant, or the killing of one. So something was going to happen, and us being sitting ducks wasn't helping my stressed mental state.

"I swear on mine and Loki's life, I don't know a thing, Mobius says looking into my eyes. I can tell he's tired and stressed same as me.

Then again all the members who were in Florida when Loki disappeared were stressed that something would happen and how we could prepare. The truth is we couldn't, but my God we might as well give it a good try.

"Fine, but now what are we going to do about both Loki and his new Variant. After all mind control is no joke, " we spent the most rest of that day talking about a possible plan, for if or when they returned.

After all, she wanted to be here. And do something while here too. She had a plan for the TVA, and I for one was not excited to see it play out or go down.

She was dangerous. And with both of them being gone, and gone together I can imagine they are dead or partners by now. And the thing is, I saw how much Mobi cared about this guy while he talked. He's never acted like this before.

And that scared me for multiple reasons. One being if we do find both of them, and they didn't come here, then timelines would have split leaving Loki a criminal, not once but twice.

And second, if they came here, they would most likely be partnered, and with her agenda and mind control. Well, let's just say it wouldn't need well for them. Especially not Loki. As we did trust him and with the escape, it adds another crime. So no matter what this ends badly and Mobi gets hurt.

And as his friend, I don't want to see him hurt. So anything I or anyone here could do to soften the blow would be greatly appreciated.