So This Is Bad, Right?

Sylvie's POV

To say I hated the thought of Loki leaving was only a piece of it. I was taken from Asgard by the TVA. And now Loki was being forced to return there, and he was possibly being forced too.

And yeah I knew it was by me, but it wasn't fully by me. Without Loki, in that timeline, the Avengers couldn't defeat Thanos. Which they needed to do, it was destiny, and it was what was best for the planet.

And everyone knew Loki couldn't just let all of his fringes and family go to waste as much as he said he could and he didn't care.

But the hardest part was knowing what else we had to do to get there.

To put Loki back on Asgard and Earth we would have to erase his memories of all of this. Of the TVA, of him and Mobius, of our friendship. Of everything.

And Mobius and all of us would remember him. But most of all Mobius loved Loki and was at his happiest with him. The same could be said for Loki with Mobius.

Both of them loved each other and were the glue needed to hold the other one together. So to take Loki would be like taking Mobius as well. But we wouldn't, he would stay, without his glue.

Which I knew a little about. I didn't know a lot about it, but I knew enough to make me feel bad for the pair

And most of all I hated watching Loki break down because of him not wanting to leave. And he had reasons to want to stay. My God, he had so many, but that didn't change the fact that the TVA had to put the lives of people first.

And Thanos would kill billions of people if we didn't stop that. Loki knew that better than anyone.

So as I watched him try to convince himself that it wasn't real and he could stay I approached cautiously.

I sat down slowly, putting an arm around his back in the process. He sank into my arms in denial and sadness.

After about twenty minutes of this, I brought up why he had to go.

"Look Loki I get that you don't want to go. I really do. But the reason behind why you need to be there is so much greater." I say, trying to reassure him that he's needed there as much as here. Which is correct as much as I or anyone else hates it to be.

"Why! I just for in the long run anyway, " Loki says furious at me telling him that he could be important there too.

"At least her I know I'm doing something, there everyone hates me for doing what I'm apparently supposed to be doing it's humiliating, " Loki says.

I can see where he's coming from. And honestly, it does suck to be a Loki, that I can vouch for. But he's important to his timeline. Clearly, I'm not.

"Without you, Thor can't take down Thanos, and yes, you die. But so many people help others posthumously.

I mean god, there are so many writers and poets and scientists who never get to see how great their work will become." I say, pausing slightly so he can maybe realize what I'm about to say.

But he doesn't seem to realize as he's too sad and to angry.

"You at least you got to see what the world can become after you die. You can live on in memory of what you did for the TVA, for the world, for so many people. No one else gets to know that. That should be some form of accomplishment right?"

I ask, wanting him to say yes so I can help him realize why this needs to be done. And how it will help.

" I can see that, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm gonna hate leaving." He says looking at me, his eyes are slightly watery.

"We don't even know if you have to even go," I say, trying to cheer him up still.

"Don't say that, cause we both know I'm gonna have to Sylvie, " Loki says looking at me. A look of knowing I'm his eyes.

He's right we both do know that. But I don't want to admit it to myself, or anyone else yet.