We Knew It Was Him, Right?

Mobius POV

When Loki said Sylvie called and needed us back I snapped right out of the daze I was in while bird watching and looked at him.

I knew a break was too good to be true, liars.

So we packed up, grabbed Riggle, and headed back to the TVA. Much to mine and Riggles discontent. But yet, we trudged along the corridors after putting our bags away.

And putting Riggle in a grassy field, we would come to get him with our Tempads afterward. But, right now, we needed to focus on the task at hand.

What was causing these bridges, and what did it have to do with everything else going on?

Two hours later

We met with Sylvie, who kept looking at Loki weirdly. I mean he did finally wash his hair. So that must be a sight to see. Or something is going on, actually scratch that, there's definitely something going on.

Sylvie has been acting weird since we got here. And she clearly knows something, and I didn't like it.

I was working in my office when Tommy came in. Tommy was a new worker and was an assistant to Loki and Sylvie. But mainly Sylvie.

And he rushed into my office as if he was on fire. Or something else was. He proceeded to close the door behind him.

He made the move so fast I almost had no clue what had happened when he stepped in. He looked at me with urgency and care.

"What's up Tommy?" I asked confused as to why he was here. And with his added urgency it made it clear that it may not be good. That and with the look on his face.

He looked down, twiddling with his fingers. Somethings wrong.

"Tommy, what's wrong?" I say, sliding on my desk to get a better angle for his face. He looked up at me.

"May I sit, " he asked cautiously and nervously. This wasn't how Tommy was typically.

"Um, yes of course, " I say urgently. For that what this situation, whatever that is, calls for.

"I overheard Sylvie and someone talking, I didn't pay attention to who it was. But in, it was before you left and I don't think much of it. But I think they think that Loki is causing the bridge offs, " he said, still nervous and cautions in his voice and tone.

"What?" I ask. Yes, I heard him. But I didn't really hear him if that makes any sense at all.

"With Loki being here it could cause a ripple. After all, they didn't get another Loki back to the original timeline..." he said.

I knew it wasn't all he said, but I blanked, I couldn't hear anything and my brain felt like moss. Fuzzy and trying too hard to hold onto something.

I sunk in my chair. I heard him stop talking. But again, I didn't really hear him. But it didn't matter.

All that mattered was the look of sorrow and pain on his face. And pity, a lot of pity.

Then again, what did I expect? I was dating the God of mischief. So pity was something I had sadly gotten used to.

Because no one knew him as I did. And nothing would suck more than admitting that.

Cause either, we bring in a new Loki or..... Well. These are a couple of other options. That being most prominent though.