Then Explain it to Me

Mobius POV

We sat there hugging for a little bit. That is until I broke it to look at him. Wonder and thoughts crossing my mind.

"If I didn't know would you have come to me?" I asked, knowing he headed over here before doing anything else.

"Of course I would've Mobi, you know I would've, but I needed time to think to," he said. The look of pain and a twinge of guilt there too.

I didn't believe it the moment I saw the guilt though.

"When?" I asked, knowing deep down it wouldn't be anytime soon.

"When you came home," he says, clearly living. Wow, you would think a guy whose job was mischief would be a better liar. But he never was, at least not with me.

"You're lying," I say blatantly. Knowing he can't deny it and knowing he won't somehow too.

He looks down, now instead of a twinge of guilt his whole face is covered in the emotion.

I sigh and angrily push myself from the couch.

"So what it's not enough that you're going to leave me now you're going to lie to me and not tell me you're leaving in the first place?" I say, my voice is angry and somewhat loud. But I'm not yelling.

At least not yet.

He stared at me the guilt rushing to his face even more. Was it possible to guilt rush, like blushing but guilty...

I looked around the room trying to find something to calm me down. I see Riggle laying in his bed nestled up and looking cute. He somewhat calms me down, but I can still feel my heart rate and blood pressure up and on the rise.

I look over to him and see him huddled on the couch, his eyes blank and unreadable. I sigh and weave a hand through my hair somewhat roughly.

I can feel his eyes on me as I do it. And instantly I look over at him too. My eyes meeting his and all of a sudden I realize the part we both play.

He didn't want to tell me he was leaving so we didn't live like it was the last days of his life. And I wanted him to tell me so we could do just that.

We're different people, but opposites attract, right?

I look over at Riggle and back at Loki. His head turned down out of embarrassment. I walk over, sit down on the couch, and hug him.

Because let's be honest, what life worth if you don't live all of it?

A/N-wow. Chapter 40...