The Person I Was

Mobius POV

I never knew what the whole disintegration thingy did. Now I do. I'm here in this fake room. I know it's fake cause I've never seen this before. Fog covers the floor to my knees. I look around frantically.

As to try and see something or someone. I stand. I'm alone, utterly alone. Is this what it feels like, death? To be alone and have nothing to say and no one to be with. That's when i see it. Something in the grass. I walk over, curious as to what would be lying in the grass of whatever death realm this is.

I walk for what feels like a forever. That's when I see it. It's a book.

A bloody book is what I walked that way for. Great.

I pick it up. And then turn the book in my hands. I look it over, slightly scared as to what could be inside. I mean I am dead so anything could be there. I decide to open it. That's when I see pictures. Of me, with kids, whose kids, I mean they can't be mine as I don't have a wife or spouse in any of these pictures.

That's when it falls out, a piece of paper. It's an adoption paper. I adopted kids, I flip through more pages to find my own adoption records. But to no end until it says, 'aged:eighteen, released to self care'.

No one has adopted me, so I made a vow to myself to adopt later on. It makes sense, seems like something I would do. I look down at the book. I see the page. Me with two kids and daughter and son. I had children, I had a life, I had a family, I had friends, and the TVA took that. The timekeepers took that.

My god I was furious right now. But on the other hand, I met him. Without all this, without me going through the TVA and working those cases, I wouldn't have met Loki.

He's the reason I need to get back. The reason I need to find a way out of here.

I look around frantically as to find something, anything. And I see nothing, the fog has cleared around me, but everywhere else is so foggy I can barely see. I stand up and brush my trousers off.

Time to find a way back to help Loki and Sylvie. Time to end timelines and timekeepers. After all I think time can keep itself. Though I guess we'll find out won't we...