Chapter 2- I'm Smarticus

"Dammit Katniss." I said to my friend Clint Barton. You would think he would know better than do that when I'm releasing anger but nooo....he just had to scare me and which causes me to flip him.

"Ouch. Help me up Aquaman." he replied holding his shoulder a bit.

"Ah, I'm Aqualad, my dad is Aquaman." I replied to him helping him up.

"Whatever," he looked over to dismantled dummy on the floor, "releasing anger?"

I nodded, "Nightmare?" he asked. Another nod from me. He sighed and led me back to the sleeping areas. It was in fact 2 A.M. and not many people are up.

He led me to my room and took me to the door right next to it, his room, next to his room is Natasha's. fury said he wanted his best three next to each other...I believe it was to help me but he is 'too far great' to admit that.

He opened his door and pushed me in, literally pushed. I kept my balance but glared at him, "Why did you push me Arrow-head?"

"Why not. Fish Breath."

Oh now it's on...

"Chicken Head"

"Fish Head"

"Bird Brain" (Couldn't come up with worse insults not helping that it's 11:16 P.M type a comment if you know a good insult for the two)

"Oh shut up you two," Natasha said walking into the room, without knocking may I add, she took one look at me, "nightmares?" Clint nodded for me and pulled out the bed in the couch.

You see whenever one of us get a nightmare we have pull-out-couches and sleep on it. My theory is that they sleep in the same bed and not separate, would I ever ask them that...absolutely not, not unless I want to die.

That lead to my question, "Why are you in here Natasha?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows at them, what...I didn't ask them per-say...just implied it.

What I got in return, two glares and a pillow thrown in my face courtesy of Nat. "really, was that necessary?" I asked the smirking girl.

"Yes. Yes it was now can we go to sleep."

I sighed dramatically and got myself a pillow and blanket and we all went back to sleep happily ever after...

NOT.

I had a nightmare, AGAIN may I add.

Nightmare

I was hanging from chains that are locked on the wall of my cell. Tartarus just left after giving me a beating. I hate it here and I haven't seen Annabeth yet.

They better not have hurt her. I hear a creak and the cell door open. I looked up and my heart stopped, Annabeth was there and holding onto her arm, may I add tightly where it was slightly bruising, was the devil himself Tartarus.

He starts to lead Annebeth to the pole where he whips people and I couldn't let that happen, "I'll go for her but don't hurt her." I was still 'recovering' from the last beating and still had two broken ribs and one cracked.

Thankfully none have punctured my lung which is good.

After many hours later Annabeth is cradling me saying thanks over and over again but I felt dead. My body was whipped badly and I knew that we had to get out of here.

Nightmare over

I woke up with a gasp and was sweating I didn't want to wake the other two but instead sat on my sleeping bag and took some deep breaths. Once calmed I re-looked over my time in Tartarus, looking at the scars that were left by the devil.

Hope is what got us out of there. I never realized at the time but my body healed a bit as I had hope. Now I'm guessing it was because I am champion of fate and wasn't suppose to die or something along those lines.

I got up and left quietly, sense Clint and Natasha don't always like it when I go to the punching bag I make my way to the library, yes I said it, the place with all the books and where you learn some things that place.

It's shocking but after the way I pushed myself to try and read to honor Annabeth's memory. I've read lots of books and have become slightly smarter than I lead people on.

Everyone things that I'm dumb but only Clint, Natasha, Coulson, and Fury know that I have a extensive amount of knowledge in my brain.

Not many people go to the library which I was thankful for. I walk in and go to the Mythology section and began to read about all the other gods that might and do exist, Norse, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and some other beliefs.

I've read many times and learn knew things and about history. I can follow science easily and actually have to explain some things to Clint and Natasha from time to time but mostly Clint.

I looked to the clock and see that it's been two hours since I last woke up. Going back to my reading I hear the door open and got confused. No one should be up? I look up and see that it would be Coulson coming in.

Well you see for some reason Clint and Natasha don't know that he's alive and I find that it's a dick move. Coulson mostly have been working undercover and relaxing but has been avoiding people somehow.

I only know he's alive from Nico and after my goth cousin saying he isn't dead I marched up right to Fury and demanded to know where he was.

I raised my eyebrow at him questioning why he came here. Setting to put my bookmark into my page Phil came and sat across from me. Folding his hands and looking me in the eye.

I was going to say something cheesy but decided against it and instead asked, "Why are you here?"

He sighed and talked, "Fury wants you to go with Clint and Natasha to the Avengers tower and help with a problem there."

Normally I would try and get myself out of meeting the 'heroes' but seeing Phil's face I sighed dramatically and he took that as a sign that I would go and made his way back toward his sleeping quarter.

before heading all the way out he said one last thing, "Oh and get some sleep you're going to need it."

I watched him leave the library and returned the books I was reading and decided to take his advice and head back to sleep. Upon entering the Clint's room the two were still asleep making things so much easier because I didn't have to have a 'talk' about waking them up if I had a nightmare.

They baby me way too much for my liking.

What sort of problem should accrue at the Avengers Tower and for a second there I was about to have it so Percy was there at the Alien Invasion sort of fanfic but decided against it.