Chapter 13- Camp Half-Blood

Dedicated to LilyPotter1 who shouldn't spend Christmas alone

It didn't take long to reach Camp Half-Blood and Percy was nervous. He haven't been here for almost an entire year.

He was already getting images in his head when he and Annabeth were together that made his heart clench.

Especially when they flew over the lake when they had their first kiss, well technical first kiss not counting the one the campers interrupted.

"You ok?" Clint whispered to him wondering how his friend almost brother was doing.

"I-I don't know." Percy said truthfully and felt Clint put a hand on his shoulder thanking that the Avengers aren't wondering what's wrong.

Percy briefly wondered if Clint or Natasha told them why he had a hard time coming on this  mission but even if they did he didn't blame them.

As they landed a group of demigods circled around with Chiron near the door. As the door slowly opened the campers surrounding them hesitantly put their weapons again.

Staying back and letting the others introduce each other. Steve started to tell the Avengers name and their codename then it was his turn Clint took over, "and this is Agent Jackson or as he is known as Riptide."

I kept my shades on but stared at Chiron who looked relieved and if anything happy who he saw in front of him. There was some talk among the campers but not enough that Percy worried they knew him.

Or at least he hoped they didn't really know him.

Chiron had the campers disperse. Chiron telling them that the Avengers will be staying in the empty cabin which was cabin three. The Poseidon Cabin.

Only Chiron say the indicated way Percy's' head turned a bit in a silent thank you and he returned it as well.

it was once everyone was away with only looking at Percy for a moment before moving on to the superheroes not thinking about the returned son of Poseidon.

"How are you my boy?" Chiron asked walking toward Percy who was now heading down from the craft.

"I don't know." Percy said honestly as he looked around with a frown. But the thing was it wasn't just a frown. He looked more confused if anything.

"I am sorry for your loss." Chiron said sadly as he placed a hand on Percy's shoulder.

Percy stiffened at the words but when he felt the hand on his shoulders they dropped, "I still miss her." Percy said sadly.

"We all do." Chiron said softly, "How have you been?"

Percy shifted a bit and Chiron moved his hand so they could both walk side-by-side to cabin three, "Better." Percy said slowly as if he was having a mental debate on what he wanted to call how he felt.

"That is good to hear." Chiron said happy that Percy was finally able to start to move on. But he knew that the son of Poseidon still needed a lot of time to heal.

"How's Camp?" Percy asked as he noticed the cabins that Jason has been putting up because of his promise.

"We had to extend it a bit, move and rebuild some buildings. The Romans have come and go. We have a portal to go between the two camps." Chiron explained as they neared the cabin.

"That's great." Percy said and meant it.

"What have you been doing?" Chiron asked wondering how his pupil has been doing when he was away from camp.

Percy shifted a bit, "Became a secret agent." Percy said seriously and Chiron would've laughed if he hadn't seen how Percy said it and knew he was telling the truth.

His tail shifted a bit nervously at first before settling down, "That's great?" Chiron questioned.

Percy slumped his shoulders a bit, "It's helped me move on. I have a small family there and they know. They know about everything and I know everything about them. No hidden agendas, no lies, no needing to take their problems on my shoulders. They understand." Percy said honestly.

"What do they understand?" Chiron asked a bit hesitantly but glad that Percy has found a family he could confide in.

"The loss." Percy said honestly and closed his eyes briefly even if Chiron couldn't tell because of the shades. Saying it outloud and to someone who was like a father. It was nice.

Chiron didn't know what to say about that so they walked in silence appreciating each others company.

Percy broke the silence, "I still talk to Mr.Chase and his family." Percy said, "They also helped a lot when I blamed myself." Percy tried to swallow as he felt his throat clamp up and dry out.

"No one blames you for what happened to Annabeth." he mostly whispered to Percy trying to make the boy see the truth. That it wasn't his fault.

Avoiding the topic and not wanting to upset Chiron by saying it was his fault he said, "I still have nightmares." So, it wasn't much of a topic change but it was enough away from what Chiron was trying to tell him.

Chiron stayed quiet for a few seconds before saying, "Anything that is not about the war? Anything unusual?" he asked

Percy thought back to a dream he had a long time ago. When he first started as an agent. It was one that he didn't know what to say about. It was a dream about monsters storming the camp and killing everyone as he was away from the camp on a mission that has long went by.

"No." Percy said 

They didn't acknowledge the lie. Instead they neared the cabin and Chiron told Percy he would see him soon for dinner and to just rest and be safe.

"I'll see you later Chiron." Percy said honestly as he smiled at the Centaur. Normally his eyes would have a sparkle in them but after Annabeth's death. That sparkle vanished only showing for a few times. Not that the centaur would see it.

Chiron smiled at the young man wishing goodbye and good day he went toward the Big House that now that Percy saw it, it was different.

A mix of Greek and Roman combined taste to it. Smiling lightly Percy opened the doors of the cabin and took a breath as the scent of salt water hit his face.

Instantly he relaxed and closed his eyes allowing the smell to go over him. It felt nice, almost as nice as it might be to have a blue cookie.

Smiling Percy dropped the bag he took from the Helicarrier on his old bunk and started to move around the cabin tracing things in the wall and remembering memories.

It was weird being back to the place he grew up.