Chapter 16: Finding the Truth in the Box

So, I was thinking about the Level System SHIELD has, I'm going to make it so that it has Level 15 system, but the newbies and below 10 agents think that there are only 10 levels. Phil himself is a level 13 agent, Clint and Natasha are level 12, while Percy thinks he's level 11.

I was walking into the Big House and waited for Chiron who yelled at me to come in before disappearing in the back to get something.

As Chiron wheeled himself back in, I sat down at the table where Mr.D use to play cards (before Zeus told him his punishment was over).

"What is it Chiron?" I asked drumming my fingers on the hard wood table.

Chiron had something in his lap, a box of sorts, "I thought it was time to finally tell you how Annabeth really died." Chiron said which instantly made me freeze and pull up a stoic mask.

That was before I looked in the box and my face melted as there were a few pictures of 16 year old me and Annabeth, there was one with us at the beach, another just outside my cabin, some with our friends. It pulled my heart as I remembered the moments that I felt like demigods could have nice lives. What a joke that was.

"She died at the battle with Gera." I said my voice tight, but then I thought about how Apollo disappeared with her to head back to Olympus....could...could Annabeth have lived?

"She didn't live." Chiron said his voice sadness when he saw my hopefully expression which instantly crumbled.

"But we found something you should know..." Chiron said trailing off while taking a few things out of the box. What shocked me was the false bottom it held.

"She had to go to Olympus because Hera told us something was wrong, Fate had something to do with it too but she said Annabeth needed to be taken to Olympus quickly.

When she got there Hera kicked everyone out except Apollo and your Father. It turned out that Annabeth was pregnant." Chiron said and it made my heart falter.

I was happy, excited, sad because if she was pregnant the likelihood the child survived..."The child lived, Hera sped up the aging, while Apollo worked to get the child. They instantly put the child in some water when your father said to, he inherited your powers." Chiron said his face having a gentle smile as he reached into the false bottom and got a picture.

He handed it to me, I was still in shock. A child. A freaking child that Annabeth and I somehow created. Hesitantly I took the photo and felt more shock, the child was still young, his skin was pale and he look weak but he also looked so similar to Annabeth and I.

"What...what's his name?" I croaked as my throat was closing up, I was elastic but to find that 6 years, I hadn't been there for the child...

"Lucas Jackson." Chiron said leaning back into his chair as my eyes instantly met his.

"Luke." I muttered and accepted another picture that Chiron gave me. The child I was talking to earlier, the blond hair, green-grey eyes child, was really my child.

"That name fits." I said after licking my suddenly dry lips thinking that Annabeth would be pleased to know.

"Hades asked Annabeth a few days once the child was healthy enough to get out of the water." Chiron explained and I gave a smile.

"What's his middle name?" I asked figuring the photo that held the last piece of Annabeth.

"Charles-Achilles." Chiron said with a smile and I smirked, she would include my middle name.

"Lucas mentioned he was told he knew he was a demigod early on." I somewhat asked somewhat worded it as a comment.

Chiron nodded, "While the ban was lifted, the gods still thought it would be bad for a child to grow on Olympus. Not to mention that he wanted to know where his father grew up and stuff." Chiron mentioned making the hand that wasn't in the picture clench slightly at the reminder, "Your dad was the one to tell Lucas about you."

"Remind me to thank him." I muttered and looked into the box for more thinks that I missed of my sons 6 years of life.

There was a basketball trophy and I smirked, clearly he liked to shoot hoops as much as I had before I found I was a demigod.

There were other pictures, some of them was Luke spending time with his granddad, some birthday pictures and my eyes teared up when I found old birthday cards for my birthday and Lucas, all addressed to me.

I gave a small smile from old christmas photos and wish lists. I distantly heard Chiron leave me alone as I looked through each of the lists. Each one, at the very top had the same thing.

'I want to meet my dad.' everything else didn't seem to matter to him, just those words. It made me cry really, not really with sadness but the fact that I also really wanted to meet me son.

Wiping my eyes carefully placed the things back in the box and put the false bottom in. Knowing Chiron probably has a copy of some of the things, I lifted the box and called Nico on the Sat Phone that I still had.

"I need you to do me a favor, I'm at camp." I said and then hung up not wanting monsters to come trying to harm or dismember me.

No sooner that I hung up, Nico came out of the shadow, his hair was messed up and he was rubbing his eye, "What." Nico asked his tone told me that I really did wake him up.

"Please put this in my apartment." I said and I could tell Nico was about to snap at me before he looked into the box and saw the photos of Annabeth and I.

Instantly his face held a soft sadness, "I can do that." He said and carefully took the box and melted back in the shadows.

Feeling new energy I stepped out of the Big House and set toward where the Athena Cabin were, knowing their schedule from the back of my hand.

I saw Clint and Natasha give me a weird look as I passed them but I mouthed 'Later' and then set forward to the arena.

"Can Lucas be dismissed from his activities for the day." I muttered to Clarisse who has also grown and was the spear teacher, the current teacher who was trying to teach the Athena Cabin.

Clarisse gave me a look but then her face softened before hardening again, "Whatever Prissy." She said crossing her arms then turned to the group who were fighting each other.

"Lacky! You're dismissed from the day." Clarisse shouted over the field and ignored the glare I sent her with a roll of her eyes.

"Ok!" The voice of Lucas said as he stumbled over to us. He smiled brightly at me and I placed my hand on his shoulder fighting to just hug him and fuss over him right then.

"Bye Clarisse." I said jokingly as I lead Lucas away.

"Whatever Prissy." Clarisse said with a roll of her eyes then commanded two newbies around by doing five laps.

"She's scary." Lucas said after we were a bit away.

"Don't worry about her. She'll only bite when she's agitated or it's that time of month." I said patting my sons shoulder

"What time of month?" Lucas asked looking up at me with innocence which made me wince.

"I'll tell you when you're older." I said without missing a beat and gave him another pat on the shoulder.

"So, why did you take me out of class?" Lucas asked as I lead him toward the beach which I knew was empty, but the way he was looking at me, he had an idea of the conversation we were going to have.

"I'll tell you at the beach." I said giving him a soft smile, a real, real smile.

Lucas just nodded as we walked in comfortable silence.