Chapter 14- This Just Had to Happen?

As soon as I relaxed the alarms for an attack was sounded throughout camp. Quickly uncapping Riptide, the silver and gold bits of metal shining in the lighting as I raced through camp.

"Cap, head assault on the west side of camp. We cover each other." I said when I found Captain America running beside me in his suit and shield on his arm.

"Roger that." He said as we took off toward the west side of camp where I heard shouting and bows being drawn and fired.

"I feel like that was a pun." I said along the way with a small smile tone just a bite joking.

"Focus." Steve said even though I could totally see that he was amused by my comment.

After that the monsters that were attacking didn't last too long, with Clint helping the Apollo cabin with firing from the trees, Natasha had a knife and was easily moving between monsters and killing them, Bruce helping the other Apollo cabin with healing, Tony in the air firing from the help of Hephaestus Cabin too.

Leaving Steve and I on the ground while Thor was just shocking all the monsters (pun intended?) with his godly strength and his amazing hammer.

It was kind of fun honestly, the thrill of the fight and the adrenaline that came from it. I wouldn't do this everyday but it brought me back to nicer times.

Something that doesn't happen all the time, of course this being said doesn't mean I let my guard (if anything it was really up).

"On your six." I shouted to Steve as I made a monster disintegrate. Steve instantly swung his shield around (it had small flecks of gold...I wonder what it ever could be) and the monsters got a first hand account of being punched in the face with a shield...by Captain America.

"Duck." Steve replied as his shield went back to him. Trusting Steve I ducked and watched as the Flying Frisbee of America sailed over my head and socked a Hellhound in the jaw.

"Headshot." I muttered to myself and saw Steve's lip twitch as he got his shield back once more. We danced around the monsters more as the numbers dwindled with the help of camp.

Soon enough it was just the Apollo helping the wounded and giving some of the more wounded kids Ambrosia and Nectar to help with the wounds, others were just getting patched up declining the food of the gods.

I had gotten a good cut on my side and hated it because it meant my suit was ruined and was getting blood on, do you know how hard it is to get blood out of a suit?

"You're bleeding." Bruce said looking at me concern as I moved my hand just a bite for him to see, it was leaking blood actually pretty could but I waved his hand away.

"I'll be fine once I heal with water." I muttered so the other campers didn't hear, "just let me take a shower, after that I swear just for your sake, you can take a look." I said to him and I could tell he wanted to argue but Clint put his hand on Bruce's shoulder and nodded just a bite.

Bruce's shoulders dropped a little and then he steeled himself, grabbed my arm, and literally dragged me to Cabin Three even though I could've gotten there easily myself.

"Tell the others to debrief Fury, cause you know how he is and his crankiness when it doesn't happen, and let him know about the development." I said as we neared the cabin.

"What development?" Bruce asked as we finally reached the cabin.

"I have a theory on why the monsters are attacking, I'll let him know once I'm done." I said grabbing another suit and headed toward the shower.

Before Bruce could reply I was in the bathroom with the door locked. Peeling off the layers of clothes was simple enough in theory but with a side that hurt to move it made it a bit more difficult.

Eventually I was in the shower and started to watch blood slowly sweep into the drain and how the cut started to heal. Soon enough there was no evidence of the cut except a small white line that couldn't be seen with the naked eye.

Sighing and just letting the water make me relax I closed my eyes and thought about how familiar, almost in a hurting way, it felt around camp.

All the times Annabeth and I would just mess around, spar, or even just hand with other seven and Nico.

It hurt, it really did hurt even if it has been a year. They wouldn't even let me see the body, really the gods never let me see that Annabeth had really died and that hurt more than anything else.

The Ultimate Betrayal as I call it, my dad no even letting me know how she had died. All I knew was that she was doing something for the gods that ended up with her dead.

It hurt because she hadn't told me what she was doing, nothing about the mission she was going on when she died, how long she would be gone, or even when she might see me again.

Basically, the day she left for the mission really was the last time we saw each other and it hurt and it made it all so much worse.

Sighing again and pushing away the thoughts I turned off the shower and quickly made myself dry. Changing quickly I opened the door and could see Bruce writing in a small folder, as soon as he saw me he stood up and knowing exactly what he wanted lifted my shirt slightly where the cut should've been.

He looked intrigued when I really didn't have the cut anymore but I was pleased when he refrained from asking, instead he handed my a sat phone.

Giving a small thanks, I tucked my shirt back in and took the phone outside just near Thalia's Pine where people wouldn't hear the private conversation.

So, I'm going to make Percy 24 just for the sake of something that I plan for the story, it'll be a happy thing that I think you guys will like.