Chapter 14

Liam bobbed his head as he listened to the song he was editing. He didn't notice Harry entering, but he did feel the kiss on his cheek. Liam giggled and took his headphones off. "Hey, why don't you stop working for a little? I have something I really want to talk about." Liam looked at Harry and saw that it was serious.

He closed his laptop and looked at Harry. "What's up?" Harry played with his fingers a little and started pinching his lip. "Well, I was just thinking that maybe we can take this a little further?" Liam cocked his head to the side. "What do you mean? This is usually a conversation for when someone wants sex, but we already do that." Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, for humans, but this is different for me." Liam nodded. "I meant that maybe it's time that you, well, you know, mark me too." Liam blushed as he sat up right in his chair. "Wait, you want me to mark you?!" Harry nodded as Liam started freaking out. "Hey, calm down, we're just talking about it. If you're not ready that's okay." Harry smiled as he took Liam's hand in his.

"I know that we're going to be together for the rest of our lives, but this is still weird." Harry chuckled as he brought Liam's hand up to his lips. "I know it's a lot. Would it help if I proposed? That would be the equivalent in human terms." Liam blushed so hard it reached the tips of his ears.

"Um, well, I'm not sure."

"Want me to get you some water? You seem a little flushed."

"Yeah, I think so." Harry kissed Liam's forehead as he left to get his mate a glass of water. Liam massaged his temple as he thought.

Why was this so shocking to him? Harry was his mate for fucks sakes. He knew this would happen one day. But it's only been a year and a half. Things did work differently for Harry. Plus, it already seemed like they were married. They couldn't really sleep without each other, Harry picked Liam up from work every day, Liam was even starting to learn how to be a good alpha with Harry because Harry was going to be alpha soon and Liam had to live up to that.

Liam groaned as he pressed his forehead to the table. But then he started thinking about how much he loves Harry and how he couldn't live without him, at least not normally, plus, seeing Harry with a mark that he put on him sounded nice. Knowing Harry, we would show it off with pride.

Liam smiled as he giggled to himself. Then he saw the glass of water be placed in front of him and someone towering over him. "So, is that a, yes?" Liam smiled as he tilted his head up. "It's a maybe. I'll think about it, but it does sound nice." Liam reached up and stroked Harry's jaw.

Harry hummed as he leaned into the touch and stood up straight. He sat back down as Liam took a big gulp from his glass. "So, about moving into the Skulk. Would you like to do that after or before you mark me?"

Liam almost chocked on his water. He didn't realize how fast everything was moving. "Shit, you okay baby?" Harry rubbed Liam's back as he tried catching his breath. "Yeah, just-"

"Moving too fast?" Harry said in a sad voice that reached Liam's heart. "Well, yeah, but-" Harry sighed as he leaned back in his seat. "I mean, I know this is fast for you, and you can still leave if it's too much for you, but I would really love it if you would come a move with me."

Liam smiled and grabbed Harry's hand. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?" Harry asked as he started playing with Liam's fingers. "Do that. You tell me I still have a choice even after you've marked me. I don't have to move into the Skulk with you, I can leave, I can do whatever I want, even if it hurts you, but you still let me. That's what I love so much about you." Liam smiled as Harry smiled back at him. "So, is that a, yes?" Liam giggled.