31 || Forward

The next morning was filled with packing. After I was arrested, we cannot risk staying in this city anymore. Instead, we will be moving a long way away. Apparently, there is another serial killer we will be meeting up with. So once all the bags were packed with stuff we would need to have with us, we set off.

The entire household travels through the forest. Spring is in the air. The air is warmer now. Snow melting more and more. It is lighter earlier in the morning. Animal tracks are more evident in the ground as they search for food.

At the beginning of the year, I was a normal person. Paranoid and on the verge of a mental breakdown, but considerably more normal. Now, I am a killer living in a mansion in the middle of the woods with a bunch of other killers. Even my new boyfriend is a serial killer. The world is unpredictable. And I am okay with that. My fate brought me here for a reason. The freedom from this lifestyle means more to me than any other path in life. There are good and bad things about this kind of life. But I am okay with the few sacrifices I do have to make.

Since being kidnapped, I have changed in an unimaginable way. From scared, to angry. Then spiteful, and then apathetic. Finally, I accepted it all. I never would have thought that I could want to live with a bunch of killers. Much less expect that I join then and become one as well. Now I have a new special sort of family. A brotherhood that looks out for each other. This is my life now, and I like it just the way it is.

When locked in my room, who knew that the man trying to talk to me would mean so much to me. One of the most unexpected - and best - things to happen to me was falling for some cute serial killer. I remember him trying to convince me to open my door. Eventually, I did let him in. While he did break the door down, I chose to be vulnerable to him.

Now I walk forward into the forest, leading the group hand in hand with Toby. Whatever lies one step ahead, I will face it and fight for my new life. I am excited for the future and what will happen. Because whatever happens, I have someone looking out for me. And I will look out for him too.

So here is to my future. And here is to my new life. Here is to moving forward. Cheers!

I'm glad I let Toby in.

Wow... I finally finished this. Hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing this! Funny story, I started writing this a few years ago before I abandoned my account. Just recently I got some inspiration to finish it. I left off at around chapter 11 or 12 but ended up writing and editing 31 chapters total! Holy shit! I am quite proud of this so hopefully you all enjoyed this if you got this far. Thanks for reading! Have a nice day/night! :)