3 || Killer

As I ran I had time to think and reflect. Christine is probably dead. And because of me. A fine student with a bright future all torn away from her. Two missing kids, one of them probably found dead, I'm going to be questioned if I go to the police. Yet I still made that my decision.

Even if I do get locked up, I'll be safe. Safe from the lady that took me. I don't care what comes next. I just want to be safe. I can not take any more of this. I don't want to go so crazy I kill someone again.

Time was lost to me as I was running. I have no idea what time it is, but the sun is getting quite low. I can guess it is early evening.

Up ahead I see a break in the trees. Did I make it to Oakwood Acreages already? This must be the house furthest back in the developing housing area.

I pick up the pace and use up the rest of my energy to reach the backyard. There are no lights on in the house. Voices can be heard from the front of the house.

I quietly make my way to the side of the house to peer over and look at what is going on. As I do a feeling starts to resurface. Not again, not when I just got rid of it. The imaginary eyes return, once again baring their stare into the middle of my back. I feel my breathing hasten and heartbeat start to pound inside of me. And as I look to the family of three packing a grey SUV, my mind is only able to reach one conclusion; it's them, get rid of them and everything will be okay.

From the snow I see something metal poking out against the house. Looks like the father forgot to put away his hedge trimming shears. I grab them and walk to the front of the house.

A mother is helping her child get settled in their car seat while the father loads a suitcase into the back. The father notices me out of the corner of his eye and turns his head to look at me.

"How can we help you?" He asks. I stay silent and walk closer. I feel the paranoia rushing through veins, taking control of me. The father looks to the tool in my hand.

"Oh look honey, she found the hedge trimmers you lost months ago." The mother also turns to notice me now as well. My head throbs as each person in that family watches me walking towards them. It makes me mad, and borderline crazy. I just have to get rid of them. They're the problem.

"Thanks very much. I suppose you want a reward then, huh? What do ya want kid?"

"Poor dear, you look so worn out. Where are your parents? They must be worried sick. We'll give you a ride home, okay?"

I first walk up to the father. He's taller by a couple inches, and looks decently strong. Better to take him out first.

I raise the tool up, then use it to clamp onto the man's neck. It takes him off guard, he never anticipated this. I easily tear a chunk of skin off of him. The blood takes a second before it starts spurting. Lucky hit. I then use the shears to hit him on the side of the head, hard. He staggers for a bit.

I have the perfect chance to grab the woman now. With the tool as my only possible weapon I swing it in wild abandon. The lady keeps stepping back. I grow tired of this quickly and strike her in the knee. I can hear a light snap. She screams and clutches her injured leg. The child starts screaming for his mother. I smash the woman on the back of her head, causing her to fall onto her face.

Now I turn my attention back to the father, who tries to lunge at me. I move to the side and he trips, falling on top of his wife. With my trusty tool I beat the two of them carelessly, letting the child call out for his parents, completely helpless strapped in his car seat. The kid screams, calling out for his parents. He chokes on his sobs, coughing through the tears and phlegm. The parents, too, voice their pains in wordless yelps and shouts.

They stop yelling in pain less and less every time I beat them. It gets less satisfying to bludgeon them to death. And the feeling starts to go away, my conscience begginning to clear. As it does, the weight of what I have done hits me.

Looking at my feet, I can see the results of what I did. Bright red blood stains the snow around them. Just looking at their faces, I could not tell which person is which. Gore conceals their identity, pieces of flesh burst open to reveal what lies underneath. Their mouths are open, and I can see the father has a few teeth that fell back into his throat. Both of their eyes are wide open. The light that they once had is far gone.

Before I can react, someone comes from behind and grabs me. They place a rag to my mouth and I struggle to breathe.

I was hunted down like prey. They noticed I left and caught up. I try to resist but my limbs grow tired. Black spots start to appear and my vision overall blurs.

This can't be happening. Why me? All I want is to not feel like I am being watched all the time. What did I do to deserve this? I can't even-.....