Extra - New House

I keep a tight grip on Toby's hand, pulling him behind me. He maintains a steady jog to match my pace. He smiles a big toothy grin at me, and I can see it in his eyes too as the sun dances in those warm eyes of his. I have to tear myself away from his loving gaze to look back at where I am going.

After having to flee from the mansion in my hometown, we all needed another place to stay. Spring was in full bloom after the harsh winter. It was the perfect chance to travel somewhere far. No concerns for any cold-related injuries and the lack of snow makes navigating the forest easier. Slender had left on his own to where he planned would be the next location for the mansion. I do not know how he does it, and I assume supernatural powers, but he will have everything ready for us when we get there. Toby told me we move when we have to in order to avoid detection. Even mentioned that he was lucky Slender chose my hometown when he did, otherwise he would not have met me, but that's beside the point.

It took a few weeks of long days walking through a seemingly endless forest to get to the final location. Further south than where we were, and close to a decently-sized city. The area has quite a few hills and we are close to the base of a mountain. It is a longer hike to get into the city for our raids to provide us with better shelter from the rest of the world finding us. A few members of the household ran off on their own. BEN, Jeff, and Clockwork separated from the rest of us. Though I was told everyone goes off on their own for a bit at some point. And the surrounding area is beautiful. When Zero and I were spending a day familiarizing ourselves with our new home, we found a hidden area that was absolutely beautiful. As soon as I got back I found Toby, excitedly telling him about the secret spot I found.

Approaching the secret spot, the trees and brush are thick next to a large boulder that conceals it. I turn left to go around the boulder where the trees are much thinner. The treeline breaks into a small glade. On the other side of it, a small waterfall trickles off a small cliff into a small pond. A cozy clearing that seems slightly magical. I stop my stride at the edge of where the dirt slowly starts to fade into grass, looking at Toby and watching his reaction.

Toby does not drop my hand but squeezes it tighter. His smile drops into an open gape. His eye twinkles. I can tell he is just as amazed by it as I was.

"It's beautiful. How did you find this?" He asks, astonished at the sight in front of him. This time, he is the one to pull me along with him. I walk beside him as we approach the water.

"Zero and I found it when checking out the area. I wanted to show it to you."

"It could be, like, our own little secret hideaway." Toby scoops me up into a hug. His strong arms wrap around me as he lifts me into the air, hands staying on my hips as my feet touch the ground. I lean in to kiss him. His lips are warm, a relief in this brisk cloudy day that casts a grey haze over everything. Ever since I escaped from my prison sentence I have cherished every single time I kiss him. Many moments of our time together are spent catching up on the lost time. We can barely keep ourselves off of each other.

"The water is pretty cold though." I look at our reflection in the rippling waves. Toby looks down at it, frowning.

"Is it?" He reaches down. It takes me a moment to remember that Toby does not feel pain or temperature. By the time I do, it is too late. He scoops the cold water in his hand and splashes it onto my pant leg. I yelp from the sudden shock and take a few steps back.

"Toby! I shout playfully. He laughs, and I cannot help but laugh as well. "You jerk! I'm soaked, I'll be cold the whole walk back."

Toby regains his composure, walking back towards me. His finger traces along my cheek.

"Then I think we should warm up together when we get back," He purrs in my ear. My knees wobble a bit as I feel my heart melt at his words. His lips plant a chaste kiss on my heated cheek before pulling away from me. I can see his cheeks are just as flushed as mine and glance down at his bottom lips being softly tugged at by his teeth. His gaze points directly at my lips. Taking his hint, I softly grab the hair at the back of his head and pull him into me.

"We can come back another day."