MIDSUMMERS PT I.

"He's gonna kill him," Aria muttered before running off to the only place she could think of. Her father's house.

Aria ran through outer banks to reach her father's house to hopefully get JJ out of jail before his father would get to him. She arrived at her house and saw that her father's car wasn't there and the front door was locked.

She sighed and snuck around the house to her bedroom window, Aria opened the window quietly and pulled herself up.

Aria checked the house and saw no sign that her father was there so she silently got to work. Aria looked through all the cabinets and drawers of the house hoping to find some money.

Aria searched the entire house and didn't find anything, the only place she hadn't checked was her father's bedroom. She never liked his bedroom, the thought of his father and mother being in there never made her feel safe as a child.

She opened the creaky door and stepped inside. This room was always forbidden to her, so if he came back and found her father there, she would probably be killed.

Aria started with the closet, she found a few hundred bucks and added that to the pile but that wasn't nearly enough, she then went through the drawers- bingo, she found all his drug money.

Aria countered all the money he had and it roughly added up to 15 grand, she hoped that would be enough. Aria found her old skateboard in her room and went to the Outer Banks police department.

She knew a lot of cops, mainly from the times she had been arrested, some were actually nice and some were arrogant pigs who turned on the Pogues any chance they got.

"Hi, what could I possibly owe this pleasure?" The lady, Officer Bourke, asked sarcastically.

"I would like to pay for JJ Maybank's bail money," The woman looked at Aria like she was on exhibition at a mall "please?" Aria scoffed.

"Fine. How you get the money, kid?" Officer Bourke asked again.

"None of you're business, officer bitch" Aria whispered the last bit.

"Whatever, you can pay his bail if you want but his parent or legal guardian has to sign him out, that's why his father already took him."

"Wait, he's already gone?" Aria was heartbroken, she couldn't help him, even if she did get the money for him, his father would still come.

"Yep. So what's it gonna be kid? The money coming to us for his bail and or restitution or-" Aria cut her off.

"Restitution?"

"Pay for what he broke, it's part of the plea, now the money." The officer said impatiently.

"Yeah, use it for either, but don't go and put it in your pocket." Aria scoffed.

"What like you would do? Scrap off anything you can find on the ground for yourself."

"Ma'am, I need your help, my purse has been stolen." An old lady, a Kook-type person broke the two conversations. Aria sighed and told the cop to use it for JJ's bail money.

Aria had to meet up with Kie tomorrow for Midsummers which she was being forced to go to, she didn't want to overstay her welcome at John B's house, even though she basically lived there.

JJ was with his father which only really meant one thing so Aria decided that it would be best to just spend the night with Pope. Pope's family liked Aria, Heyward would never admit it, but he did.

Aria slowly made her way to Pope's house, thinking again how everything was her fault. If she had just been quicker with getting to her dad's house JJ could be with her instead of his father.