THE PHANTOM PT IV.

"Follow Plumb to that tent. Hold up, wait for your friends," Shoupe told Pope who was waiting for Aria and JJ after Kie. 

"They already killed a person," Some annoying Kook muttered. 

"This way." Plumb directed. 

Cameras flashed with lights and sirens blared around the Pogues. Aria stopped momentarily ready to yell at the guy who called John B a murderer but Shoupe pushed her forward. 

"Come on," Plumb said. 

"Right to your left here," Shoupe explained. 

"Right here," Plumb pointed to four chairs all sat around for the Pogues. 

"Awe, special chairs, just for us," Aria fake pouted. "I'm touched," She put her hand over her heart. 

"Aria, come on," Kie spoke annoyed. 

"Sit down. Don't move. We got a lot to talk about. Keep an eye on these kids," Shoupe told. 

"Blockade is up at the marsh and Masonboro and all other inlets from Shem Creek to Breach Inlet. I want eyes on all coastal access points, people. Let's get this guy," Aria glared at an old guy pointing to a wanted photo of John B. 

Aria rolled her head back and looked to the top of the tent. JJ put his hand on her knee which grabbed her attention to look at him. He was trying to comfort her but she could see behind that.

JJ was trying to comfort himself just as much as he was Aria. She wrapped her fingers around JJ's and he squeezed her hand three times.

"It'll be okay, I promise," Aria whispered.

JJ shook his head as his lips twitched a little bit. "Don't make promises you can't keep," JJ repeated what Aria told him earlier.

Aria's face softened as she brought JJ's hand up to her lips. She softly kissed his knuckles while staring into his eyes.

"Ey, you two. No touching," A guard told Aria and JJ, Aria glared at him but kept a hold of JJ's hand just put them both out of his view when the officer turned around. 

A very distant flickering noise struck the Pogues, Aria turned slightly and saw how the lights were coming back. 

"Guys," Aria gasped. "We're fucked."

"That's them! There they are!" A person in a black jacket yelled. All the Pogues made eye contact as they had found the Phantom with John B in it. 

"It's the Phantom," A woman mutters. 

"Go. Go. go, go, go, go," Someone else says. 

"Go get them!" Someone shouted. 

Aria tapped her foot relentlessly against the green grass hoping to god they find a way out. Her breathing hitched when she saw a face that made her blood run cold. 

Ward Cameron walked through the tent with a police officer leading him the way. Ward made eye contact with the Pogues but quickly averted back to the path set out for him. 

... 

Aria kept turning the rings on her fingers waiting to find something out about what happened with John B and Sarah, somehow she made it onto the boat. 

JJ kept jittering his leg up and down and tapping on Aria's knee due to nervousness. Aria could hear Kie sniffles but Pope didn't seem to move, she was frozen. 

The three musketeers, Shoupe, Plumb, and Thomas all walked in wearing yellow raincoats. The Pogues instantly stood up wanting to hear the news. 

 The three officers walked up to them and stood directly in front of them.