THE PHANTOM PT II.

JJ had left the actual front door open but the wire door was still closed. She could hear bits and pieces but she heard Luke talking. Her heart stopped beating for a moment as she heard his deep voice and heard JJ's tense voice.

"Come here, I love you, son," Luke said making Aria's eyes widen, she knows that Luke has never said this to JJ, he told her that enough. She heard a patting sound and assumed that they were hugging.

Aria's face softens slightly knowing what JJ would be feeling. "Love you too, Dad," JJ mumbled sounding upset, almost like he was crying.

"I'm sorry," JJ muttered.

"Ain't got nothin' to be sorry for," Luke sounded drowsy.

All Aria wanted to do was walking in there to him but she knew that this was his time and he needed to be alone, a few seconds later JJ walked back outside to see Aria in the same spot. He wasn't sure if she heard anything.

"Hi," She whispered.

"You stayed," He knew she would but considering that she did make him so much happier.

"Always," Aria mumbled, JJ grabbed her hand and brought her back to Kie's car. JJ got back into the front and Aria sat in the back.

"How'd it go?" Kie asked slightly concerned.

JJ held up the keys and smiled trying to hide the pain he was feeling. Kie started the car while Aria sat up resting her elbows on the console between JJ and Kie.

JJ pushed all her hair to one side and wrapped his hand around the back of her neck. He brought her closer and kissed her on the cheek.

"Did you hear?" He whispered.

Aria turned her head lightly and looked at him, she knew if he wanted to talk about it he would come to her so she nodded her head telling him she did hear.

"I didn't hear anything," She told him, basically telling him that she wasn't going to ask him about it and he knew her true meaning. She didn't want to lie to him but she wasn't going to pressure him.

"Thank you," JJ mumbled letting go of her neck.

JJ, Kie, and Aria stayed quiet as they drove to go get the Phantom, they were all worried about John B, Pope, and Sarah.

"He'll be fine," JJ promised. "It'll be fine with the Phantom. She'll get out of here quick."

"Yeah," Aria agreed a little bit sceptically.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," JJ said as he heard sirens and three cop cars driving past, Aria leaned back in her seat as JJ went further down. Kie sat normally.

JJ and Aria both looked back at the cars driving past them. "They're still looking. It's a good sign," Kie sighed.

Aria turned and looked out the window as she saw two figures standing next to their bikes. "Wait-wait was that?" Aria turned to look back but couldn't see them.

"What?" JJ asked looking back.

"Nothing, I thought I saw- never mind," Aria shook her head. I swear that was Rafe and Barry, whatever, Aria thought. The rest of the car ride was silent.

"Alright, you ready for this?" JJ asked the two girls as he was about to open the shed that held the Phantom.

"No, just give me time to mentally prepare myself," Aria responded.

JJ rolled his eyes.

"Keep doing that and you might find a brain back there," Aria teased.

"Oh, wow real original, at least I will find one," JJ retorted.