DEAD CALM PT IV.

The sun burned down on Aria, unforgivably and painfully. After two hours Aria was still sitting on the side of the road, face wet with tears streaks.

Aria had yelled at her friends, she hadn't even thought about the fact that she told them all about her because she was so worried about JJ.

The fact the JJ had just broken her heart but all she wanted to do was curl up in his arms was a mystery to her.

Aria sighed as she began walking back to the chateau. It was a long walk and one that would, unfortunately, allow her time to think, which meant JJ.

Millions of thoughts danced around Aria's head like little ballerinas. The main one, the big bad wolf, tormented her into believing everything JJ said was true.

I mean, when had he ever lied to her. Apparently other than the times he told her he loved her. She was right, after Jordan. She was unlovable. Enough people had told her so.

Her father drilled it into her brain, her ex-boyfriend who convinced her that feeling loved was a thing only to snatch it out from under her and rub it in her face, and JJ, the one she thought would never hurt her, hurt her the most.

Aria was stupid. Plain and simple. She had been through enough situations, heard enough songs, watched enough movies to trust that love doesn't cause anything but pain.

How many times would she need to tell herself to stop before she lost it all? Or has she already lost it all?

Eventually, she found herself at the chateau, it was still day and no one seemed to be, that didn't matter though. She was only there for one thing.

Aria opened the front door still in a bit of a daze as she made her way into her and JJ's room. Ha, Aria and JJ's room, not anymore.

Aria looked through the drawers just hoping to find that little black thing then she could leave, no one will care. No one will even notice.

Finally, her lanky fingers reached across the cool metal, she hummed in pleasure feeling it.

When Aria brought it out of the draw she heard some shuffling in the backyard. She looked out and saw the person responsible for her recent heartbreak.

She couldn't see his face nor was she anywhere near close to hear what he was saying but she saw that he was alive. Alive, and late. The sun was slowly starting to set so that means that he must have gone home, or somewhere else.

Aria didn't know what to do, so she left. Quickly and quietly before anyone heard or saw her. She hid the gun in her shorts and she made her way to her final destination.

****

"Stupid creaky door," Aria whispered as she made her way into her father's house. The door, just like out of a horror movie, creaked and would have alerted her father that someone was here.

Wonder what weapon he is going to spring on her today. She thought.

"Was wondering when you would bring your ungrateful whore ass back here." James Millies slurred his words. 7 at night and he was drunk, of course.

"Didn't have anywhere else to go." She muttered.

"I don't know what to do with you anymore." He sounded almost... apologetic, maybe.

"What do you mean?" Aria gained a little more confidence since she had a handgun stashed in her pockets.

"I tried to tell, I tried to warn you, child." He shook his head moving to the kitchen getting a bottle of bourbon and bringing it back out. "Look at you, you look like a broken rag doll."