Chapter-5

Maaz's pov

I was thanking Allah for saving me from Ms Qadir. I ruined her painting, it did anger her but she suppressed her anger.

I was waiting for her in the living room. This place looked more like a home than an orphanage. 

She came downstairs and looked at me from top to bottom, we wore the same coloured clothes, I guess she was thinking about that.

She stood on the stairs for a long time, seems like she zoned out.

Her expressions were continuously changing as if she was arguing with someone. 

Her long wavy hairs reached her waist and her eyes, beautiful everything about her is beautiful.

"Where are you lost?" Aunty asked Haya, finally she's out from her LaLaLand. "Uhm it's nothing" liar!

"Haya let's go" I walked towards my car and waited for her to come. I can't stop but stare at her, how could someone be this simple yet beautiful. 

She stood near the car and opened the backdoor. Before she could get in I stopped her. 

She turned towards me and we had an eye to eye moment. I wish I could record this moment. Her grey eyes were so beautiful, I felt like losing myself in them.

"Umm Mr Naqvi" she slightly pushed me and I moved back, gosh this was so embarrassing. "I wanted you to sit in the front, So" I opened the door and gestured for her to get in. 

She smiled and sat inside so did I. "So where are we going?" To be honest I don't know "On a long drive?" That sounded more like a question rather than an answer. 

"I get it, you didn't plan what we are doing today, right?" She raised her eyebrows."Uh yeah" 

" I knew it! Ok, so I have a plan. First, we'll go to the carnival and then we'll go and watch a movie and then we'll go to some restaurant and after that, we will go to the ice cream parlour and...... leave only this much is enough for today"

Woah! She has planned the whole day. I wish we could spend the rest of our lives like this, together!

Don't get your hopes too high boy!

"Ok then let's go to the carnival first" she just smiled. Her smile is breathtaking. 

"Let's play some music" She started playing some songs and sang along.

"You also sing " I could barely hear her because, one, she was singing loudly and two, the music was playing at the highest volume. 

"You're such a boring person," she said when I shook my head saying no. 

Once we reached the carnival she immediately opened the door and ran out of the car.

"Haya stop running!" I scolded her. She was behaving like a kid. But I like this side of her.

She made her face like an angry little kid, "You! Don't tell me what to do ok! I'll run and you know what? Catch me if you can!!" She said and ran inside, which caused me to run back of her,

For God's sake, this is not a playground that we play catching catch and all these childish games...

"Haya stop running" this little kitten won't listen to me. She kept running, so did I. She stopped running and started panting heavily, tired I guess

But this childish behaviour of hers angered me a lot. 

Haya's pov. 

When I was little I used to come to the carnival with Amma. You know she never restricted me from running or doing anything but this Naqvi!

I was tired from running and I guess Naqvi was far away from here and he cannot catch me. I thought to stop running and rest for a sec, but no!

I felt someone tapping on my shoulder making me turn towards them. It was him, Asim!!

We lived in the same orphanage and one day he got adopted by some rich people and after that, I never saw him. "I missed you," he said and hugged me tightly and I hugged him back too

"I missed you too Asim" we were still hugging each other until I saw Naqvi. "Seems like you already found someone to spend your day with. It's of no use for me staying here, I'll leave"

What the hell!! Anger was evident in his eyes. But why was he angry??

"Oops, your boyfriend seems angry," Asim said, my eyes widened at the word 'boyfriend'

"No he is not my boyfriend he's just--" he is what? My friend? I don't have enough time to explain to him everything that happened in the past few days.

"He is-, he is my friend! Yes he's my friend "

"Okay I got it he is your 'Friend' " he started laughing "okay Asim I'll catch you later bye " we exchanged our numbers and I ran towards the main gate,

Did he leave me?? Ugggggghhhh

No, he didn't! His car is here which means he still didn't leave. I was standing near the car. I saw him walking towards his car, he was talking with someone on his phone 
And he seemed furious.

He ended the call and stood in front of me, "why are you here?" Rude, Arrogant jerk!!

"What do you mean? I am here because you brought me here and that man inside was Asim." Why the hell am I explaining things to him.

"And how are you guys related?" How and why does it matter ?? "I asked you something" he spoke up when I didn't answer his question,

"Um, he's my friend. We used to live in the same orphanage and one day he got adopted and after that, we never met each other"

"Oh okay," that's all he said. "Can we go inside now?" He smiled and nodded. 
I like his smile. It's really beautiful. 

"Let's click a picture here?" He asked and pulled me towards him. His hands were wrapped around my waist and my hands were on his chest.

Our faces were inches apart. This closeness did something inside me. I could feel my heart running a marathon. 

None of us broke eye contact until the photographer said "what a cute couple" we realized that we were too close. Naqvi stepped back so did I.

The photographer handed the photo to Naqvi and he kept it with him. I don't need it so it doesn't matter if he keeps it or not. 

After spending hours in the carnival we came to a restaurant. It was a well-known place and I bet this place was made for the billionaires.

The interior was so breathtaking. We found ourselves a table and settled there.

I wasn't that hungry so I ordered myself a chilli sauce pasta and Naqvi did the same.

Our food arrived in a short period. And as soon as it did we dig in. We both are foodies!

''Wow, look who is here'' I heard someone say, Maaz turned towards them and his facial expressions immediately changed.

''Does  your brother know that you're here with your girlfriend?"

What the hell!!!

"Why don't you mind your own business? And I don't think it's necessary to inform my brother about what I do or where I go"

Who is his brother?