Chapter-15

Haya was sitting on the bed in their room, her dress was spread all over the bed and her veil was covering her face.

As Maaz's cousins and Aima left the room, she huffed and took off the veil. Maaz entered the room with a smile on his face, he walked towards her and sat on the edge of the bed. He took out a velvet box from his pocket and opened it, revealing a diamond chain with a rose-shaped pendant.

"I bought this for you," he said, "Thanks but I don't need it!" she said and got off the bed, "Haya!" He called grabbing her hand and pulling her towards him, "At least keep it with you" he said handing her the box.

"go and change and after that, we'll pray salat-al-Isha together" she nodded as she couldn't skip her prayer.

she removed all the jewellery except the engagement ring, she took a shower and wore a full-sleeved black dress with white leggings and a white scarf. She completed her ablution and tied the scarf around her head. She came out of the washroom and saw Maaz standing with two prayer mats in his hand,

As he saw her, he handed her one prayer mat and spread it on the floor towards the qibla, both of them started praying and made duas for the betterment of everyone and them, Maaz made a dua for them too!

As they finished praying Haya sat on the bed and started playing with her ring, Maaz wore a white t-shirt and black trousers and sat on the bed beside Haya.

"Umm, I am feeling sleepy," Haya said and got up from the bed but Maaz held her hand and made her sit back on the bed, "Wh-what are you doing?" she asked as she felt him coming close to her.

"It's our wedding night and you know what every couple do on their wedding night" he teased her but Haya took it seriously,

"What do you mean? we are not doing anything" she said and got up from the bed, "why? I am your husband after all," he said standing beside her,

"I-I am having periods," she said and Maaz couldn't control his laughter, "but you prayed  with me a while ago," he asked raising his eyebrow,

She didn't answer and Maaz burst out laughing, "seriously Haya, you thought I'd ask you to consummate our marriage even though you hate me?" he said,

"I was joking, I want you to love me first and then we can plan for babies, you know" he teased her again, she chuckled and hit his arm "shut up!"

"Go to sleep, you must be tired," he said and kissed her forehead, grabbing his pillow he walked to the couch,

"sleep," he said when he saw her standing there, "this couch might be uncomfortable to sleep on," she said,

"No problem I'll manage" he smiled and closed his eyes, "No, you can sleep on the bed," She said and grabbed the pillow from the couch and put it on the bed,

"As you say, begum," he said and laid on the left side, she laid on the right side, she kept enough distance between them. As they had only two pillows they couldn't use any to make a border. Maaz took his pillow and put it in the middle.

"I have a habit to sleep without the pillow," he said and turned to the other side pretending to sleep.

Haya hugged the pillow and fall asleep. At midnight Haya woke up and saw Maaz sleeping uncomfortable, she took the pillow which was in between them and placed it under his head. He looked so handsome even while sleeping, seeing him brought a smile to her face she didn't know why she smiled seeing him but she did!

Maaz woke up and found his hands wrapped around her waist, he looked at her for a minute and then immediately moved his hand from her waist and put the pillow on her side.