Chapter-26

"Do you want that? You know that I've fulfilled all of your wishes and I can fulfil this one also" Mahir said.

"When there was nobody with you he supported you, he never left you alone. Make sure to stay by him, never leave him alone Aima" She remembered what her Aunt said to her when she was taking her last breath.

"Joy or sorrow, he never left me alone then why should I? Shouldn't I support him just like he did, shouldn't I stay by his side just like he stayed with me when I was alone and suffering" She thought.

Aima had gone through a lot before meeting Mahir, No matter how he behaved with Maaz, with her he was a different person.

He brought light in her dark life, without him she'd have died. He promised her Aunt that he'd never hurt her, he'd never let her feel lonely and he fulfilled his promise but she didn't. She couldn't fulfil the promise she made to her Aunt.

How can she wish his death when he was the one who gave her a new life.

"Do you think your parents will forgive you?" she asked him, "I don't know. You tell me, Will you forgive me?" He asked.

"Why should I forgive you when you did nothing wrong with me. You always kept me happy, you always made me feel special, you never left me alone, you never wronged me, then for what should I forgive you?"

Why would she be angry with him? It's between him and his parents, right? "I am sorry. I should've not let you go alone that day." She wept.

"So, you are not angry with me anymore?" he asked and she shook her head. He stepped forward and hugged her. "I  missed you" she mumbled.

"Me too" he replied. "Mama?" Heer called out, entering the room. She was shocked to see Mahir hug her mom, whereas her mother had tears in her eyes.

"Did he hurt you?" she asked Aima, glaring at Mahir. "I'd die before doing that" Mahir mumbled.

"No. Your Mama said she missed me so I hugged her" Mahir said, " We both missed you but you never had time for us!" she spat.

"She's very angry" Aima whispered, "All because of you" he sighed. He knelt holding his ears and said sorry.

"Don't be mad at me, I'll buy new toys for you" he said, "I already have many toys, I don't need new ones" she replied and rolled her eyes.

"Uh, okay then, I'll do anything you want," He said with a hope that she'll agree. "Okay, Zee and my grandparents are sad because of you so you need to go and say sorry to them and I'll talk with you after they forgive you" Heer put forth her condition.

"Anything for you," he said and pecked her forehead. He walked to his parent's room and hesitated before entering the room.

He heard Nauman yell, " I will never forgive him, even if he dies! I wish he died along with his mother. I don't want to see his face, so just tell him to stay away from me otherwise I'll kill him!"

When he entered their room Nauman yelled at him, "Why are you still here?!", "I see! you wish to die from my hands, right?" he added.

"If you want you can kill me, I know I committed a huge sin but trust me It was not for her, I didn't kill them intentionally, I never intended to kill any of them. I just wanted to hurt Maaz, not kill but instead of him Mama-"

"She's not your mother! Don't call her mama!" Nauman yelled. "You can punish me all you want but please don't push me away from your lives. I want to stay with you, mama, Heer and Aima, please forgive me Baba" He knelt joining his hands in front of Nauman.

Nauman doesn't say anything and leaves the room in anger. He then looks at  Amira, hoping she'd forgive him.

" I have always considered you as my own I loved you more than my own son and hurt him because of you. Maaz is my son so are you, I love you both equally and want to spend the rest of my life with both my sons.

I forgive you Mahir! Nauman is angry now but I'll convince him. Both of my sons have gone through a lot, now all I want is to see both of you happy" Amira said, she just wants to get rid of the past and start afresh with her kids.

Mahir hugged her and mumbled 'Thank you, Now the only person he needed to apologise from is Maaz.

He didn't dare to face Maaz. "Where is Maaz?" He asked Aima, "In his room" she replied

Mahir walked upstairs and stood in front of his door. He didn't know what to say, how to apologise to him.

He twisted the doorknob and entered the room, Maaz was sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap.

His facial expressions were changed seeing Mahir, "What are you doing here?" he asked rudely.

"I--- I wanted to-" He stuttered, "Listen, I am very busy right now so please don't  disturb me, just leave" Maaz interrupted, he knew why Mahir came to his room.

"Maaz, Listen to me for once, I just want to apologise," Mahir said, Maaz placed his laptop on the couch and stood up, "Apologise for what? For trying to kill me? For killing your mother and then blaming me or for ruining my childhood?

For what do you want to apologise Mahir Naqvi!" He yelled, "For everything" He mumbled, "Listen here and listen carefully, you've done what you wanted to but  I'll  never forgive you!" Maaz yelled again.

Mahir stood  there in silence, "Leave!" Maaz shouted. "Maaz please-" , "Just leave Mahir!" he yelled and Mahir walked out of his room with a defeated look.

Do you  think Mahir should be forgiven?

Four chapters are  left to complete this book, If you think Mahir should be forgiven then they'll have a happy ending, if not then Mahir has to die :(

  ~

Vote-comment-follow

Socials- queenfuzzie_