Chapter-21

"Maaz, please listen to him once," Nauman said, "I don't want to please get out!" Maaz retorted. Mahir knew what he had to do. He is surely paying for everything.

Mahir knelt in front of Maaz and joined his hands, "Please help me Maaz, they kidnapped my daughter and I don't have enough money to pay the amount they demanded" he pleaded.

"Please Maaz, I know I have mistreated you, I've done many sins Maaz but please help me. I lost one daughter of mine and now I don't want to lose the other one. Please I beg you!" He was begging Maaz.

'The power of my lord! last time he made me beg him for buying the orphanage and today, I didn't even say  a word and he, himself is kneeling in front of me' Maaz thought

It'd be cruel of him if he brings up the past topics now. "Did I ask you to kneel? Get up!" he said and made him stand. My hatred is for you not for your child. I'll pay you whatever you want!" He said and signed the cheque.

Mahir was waiting in the place where the kidnappers asked him to meet them. The building seemed too old, the area was deserted too. "here you are!" someone grabbed him from the back.

They took him to a room and threw him on the floor. "Where is my daughter?" he asked trying not to be angry.  The leader gestured one of his men to bring Heer.

Mahir handed him the bag full of money, "here's the full amount, let us go now" he said. The leader gave him an evil smile, "Sorry dude, now that you and you're daughter have seen our faces, we can't let you go!" one of them said.

"What do you mean? We won't tell anyone about you, please leave us!" he yelled. The leader slapped him and ordered his men to beat him up and tie him. 

"I knew it!"  Maaz mumbled. Maaz sent one of his men after Mahir and now he got to know that it's been an hour yet Mahir didn't come back.

Maaz called the police and sent them the location. Soon the police reached that place and found Mahir, Heer and many other kids who were kidnapped.

Mahir took Heer to the Naqvi Mansion and Amira took care of her. When she fell asleep, Mahir went back to the hospital to check up on Aima.

It was 9 PM when Maaz came back from the office. Haya cooked dinner for him and waited. He ignored her and went to his room. A few minutes later he came downstairs with some papers in his hand.

"Maaz, I made pasta for you-" she couldn't complete her sentence as he interrupted, "Sign those papers" he extended them towards her. "Maaz, those papers-", "They are the divorce papers. Just because you realised your love for me that doesn't mean I'll forget what you did to me and move on!" he spoke harshly

"We can try" she mumbled, "I've signed them!  Return me the papers when you're done singing it, I'm in the study" saying he left.

Entering his study room, he sat on the chair, thinking if what he did was right or not. "I did the right thing!" he mumbled.

"you can't do this to me!" Haya barged into his study and yelled. "why can't I?" He asked. " I apologized for everything I did, then why are you doing this?!" she slammed the papers on the table.

"When I loved you, my feelings were Unrequited and now I want you to feel the same. Before my love was unrequited and now your love is unrequited" He said.

"Moreover, you only said that you'll do anything to sort out things between us, so come on just sign them!" He handed her a pen.

"If that's what you want then I'll do it"

She looked at him before signing the papers, He didn't try to stop her, he wanted to free himself from this relationship and she'd do it, she signed the papers just for him.

"I'll leave in the morning," she said and ran out of the study room. Drops of tears rolled down his eyes, why did he do this, he could've stopped her but he didn't. He just wanted to stay alone for a while. "she doesn't love me, she just said that because she feels guilty for what she did to me. She's not happy with me and I want to stay away from her so I freed both of us from this forced relationship'' His eyes fall on the papers, "she signed them! Nothing can happen now!"

The next day, Haya left his house before he woke up. He wanted to see her for the last time but she left.

Haya went back to the orphanage, she felt happy that she'd live her old life again. "Mama" she mumbled and hugged Mehr, "Haya, why are you crying my child!" Mehr asked being worried,  "Mama, I missed you," she said.

It's been a week since Haya was staying in the orphanage, "Haya, when are you going back to Maaz's home?" she asked. "Never" she mumbled looking at the floor. "Haya, don't talk like that. You're married to him and you can't leave him alone and stay here---"

"I'm not his wife anymore!" Mehr's eye widened at her words, "What do you mean? Did you-", "We can't stay together anymore, so we divorced!" she said.

"Divorce wasn't the solution," Mehr said, "I guess it was, I've hurt him enough and now this is my punishment," she said.

"I am sorry Haya!" Mehr cried out, "don't be sorry mama, maybe it's not in my fate to be a happily married woman" she gave Mehr a weak smile and walked out.

Naqvi Mansion-

"Mahir, why did he invest a huge amount in our company?" Nauman asked Mahir, "I don't know Dad", "To repay you" Maaz came out of nowhere. "Repay?" Nauman asked being confused.

"Yes, even though you never treated me as your child but at least fed me two times a day and I'm thankful for that! Now I owe you nothing, Mr Naqvi!" He said.

"And Mr Mahir Naqvi, I hope you've learnt to accept your mistakes, so tell your mother and father the truth of that day!" He glared at Mahir before leaving.

"What truth is he talking about?" Nauman asked, "Nothing dad, he's trying to create a rift between us" Mahir lied.

  ~

Vote-comment-follow

Socials- queenfuzzie_