Chapter-24

The six of them spent their day together and enjoyed it a lot that they made a plan to go on shopping together the next weekend.

After dinner, Ihab, Wafa, Zahir and Ziya went to their home and Maaz had to drop Haya. Mehr was waiting for Haya to arrive at home, She was sitting outside on the lounge, She saw a car stopped in front of their gate.

She walked up to the car and saw Maaz and Haya together, she felt happy seeing him. Maaz came out of his car and greeted her.

"You came after a long time, please come in," She requested him and he could deny the sweet old lady so he agreed and walked in with Haya.

When the kids saw Maaz all of them hugged him and sat beside him, Haya went to her room to freshen up, as she came downstairs she saw Maaz playing with Zainab and Hamdan.

Maaz was about to take his leave but Zainab and Hamdan had no intention to let him go, they still think that he is their sister's husband. "Please don't go!!" Zainab said and hugged him, "Yes bro, stay with us!" the boys also joined and Maaz unwillingly had to say yes.

They squealed in happiness when he agreed.
"you'll stay in our room tonight," Hamdan said, "You dumbo, he won't even fit in our little beds and he's Haya api's husband so he'll sleep in her room, with her" Zainab said hitting Hamdan in his head.

"Oh yeah!" Hamdan laughed imagining how big Maaz is than their bed. Haya knew Maaz would feel uncomfortable staying here so she planned to make the kids sleep and then Maaz could leave.

"Okay, now you all go to sleep," Haya said strictly but the kids laughed, "Do you think we are fools? You want us to go and sleep so that your husband can leave?" Zainab was too clever.

"Nah, First you both go and sleep and then we'll sleep" She added. "Zainab, go to your room now!" Haya shouted at her and she went to Mehr, "Mama, she's yelling at us" she said pretending to cry.

"Haya!" Mehr scolded her, "Now both of you go to your room," Zainab said putting her hands on her waist like a mother guiding her child, When they weren't moving Hamdan and Zainab dragged them to Haya's room and locked it from outside, "Zainab, open the door!!" Haya shouted,

"We'll open it in the morning, good night!" She heard Zainab shout, "These kids!" She mumbled. She somehow felt happy that she might spend some time alone with him.

"You have a balcony," he said looking at her balcony door, "I can leave from here" He spoke up, she was hurt, did he hate her so much that he didn't want to stay near her.

"You can stay" she mumbled, "And what will I do by staying here?" he asked snapping his head towards her. "We can talk," she said. "About what?" He asked and sat on the edge of her bed.

"The past," she said and sat beside him. "I don't want to," he said and got up from the bed as she sat beside him. "Do you hate me now?" She asked,

"Haya please I don't want to talk about the past," He said. "I want to! At least listen to me once!" she said and pulled him back making him sit on the bed.

"Okay" saying he rolled his eyes. She walked to the balcony and gestured for him to come there. She had two chairs on her balcony and the table was folded and kept on the side as she unfolds it when she reads a book or writes something.

"I was 19 when Aarez proposed to me, he was just like you, I didn't accept his proposal neither reject it. He would try to win my heart with his sweet gestures just as you used to do.

He belonged to a rich family, He would always accompany me to my class, canteen and even while I came back home. He tried everything he could just to make me fall for him and I did! I started falling for him and after confessing he proposed to me to marry him.