Chapter-22

"Mahir, tell me what was he talking about!" Nauman shouted, Mahir felt scared of his father now, he didn't know what will happen if his family came to know the truth.

"Tell me!" Nauman yelled, Aima and Amira rushed to the living room, Maaz was standing at the door watching the drama.

"Afraid to tell the truth, Mr Mahir? I can help" Maaz said, all heads turned towards him, "Tell us," Nauman asked.

"I-I'll tell you" Mahir stuttered, "Mama fall d-down from the stairs be-because of mm-me!" He stuttered lowering his head.

"What?" Nauman shouted, "Everyone started loving Maaz more than me, you all including my mother ignored me as if I never existed and I started hating him. That day we were going to picnic and everyone was downstairs except him so I sprinkled some oil on the stairs so that he fells down but instead of him Mama falk down. I never wanted to harm her but--" A loud sound echoed in the room. Amira slapped him!

"You murderer! You killed your mother and blamed my son!" She yelled. Nauman came forward and slapped him again, Mahir's eyes were fixed on the floor.

"How could you do that?! Because of you, we treated him so badly, I never considered him as my son and cursed and hurt him every day, just because of you!

Why did you do that?! You killed my wife and my daughter! I'll never forgive you, Mahir, Never!!" Nauman yelled.

There was silence for a minute until Nauman said, "Get out of my house before I kill you with my bare hands!" He shouted,

Mahir turned towards Aima and held her hand but she jerked off his hand, " Dad, I don't want to stay with a murderer, Can I and Heer stay with you?" Aima said looking into Mahir's eyes.

'Murderer!' she called him a murderer, it hurt him but he knows that it's the truth. Nauman nodded, he might hate his son but he'd never disrespect daughters-in-law.

"Dad, please listen to me once" he pleaded, "I am not your dad! The day you killed your mother you also father also died! You're no one to me now" he said harshly.

Maaz stood there, leaning into the wall, 'Before you snatched everything from me and today god snatched your everything from you" he thought.

Mahir went to Heer's room to meet her before leaving, "Heer" he called out and went to hug her but Aima came and pulled her back, " Heer, Zee is here, go and meet him" she said and Heer ran out of the room.

"Aima, please don't hate me" he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him, "leave! I don't want to see your face!" she said. "I never wanted to hurt them!" he said, "But you did! you killed them" she yelled.

"Please don't hate me, I can tolerate their hate but not yours. Please don't push me away from your life" he hugged her and sobbed.

"please leave Mahir! They don't want to see you here, don't come back until they forgive you!" she hugged him back.

"Please take care of them" he whispered, "I will!" she replied, "Can I meet Heer before I leave?" he asked, "No!" she said, "okay!" he kissed her forehead and walked out of the room, the Mansion and their lives.

Maaz was playing with Heer in the living room, "Maaz, Dad had a heart attack!" Aima said. All of them rushed to the hospital, Amira was crying hysterically, Rida and Mehr also came to the hospital.

Maaz was sitting with Heer, and Aima was busy consoling Amira. Haya came with Mehr, she couldn't decide if she should go in or not. "come on, I'm not here for him. I need to see Amira mama" she mumbled and entered the hospital.