chapter-18

Maaz drove to the outskirts at the highest speed. He was soo hurt, All he did was try to make them happy but they'd never stop hurting him.

He pictured his wife to be someone who'll love him and the least he expected from Haya was that she'd not hurt him like the others but she did.

Her words rang in his ears, His father's words and actions. That night changed his life and this night would change him.

It was raining heavily, his car abruptly crashed into a truck. He somehow fall out of his car and laid lifeless on the road. "Am I dying? Will they be happy if I die? Will they love me after my death? Will they attend my funeral?" he had many questions in his mind.

"His condition is very critical,  we don't know if he might survive" The doctors discussed among themselves. " He's a strong man,  he will survive" Dr Rumaisa spoke up. She was a friend of Maaz in her college days.

His right arm was fractured, he fractured his tibia and also suffered from whiplash. It took him five months to heal.

His right arm recovered within 8 weeks but his tibia took 5 months to heal and the whiplash recovered with 3 months. Those five months was the most crucial time in his life. He was in pain, his arm, leg and neck hurt a lot but his heart ached for her.

Not even once they came to check up on him. He thought he'd not survive but he did. He decided that now it would be them who'll beg him for attention. He would treat them exactly how they did to him.

"So, Mr Naqvi feeling better?" Dr Rumaisa asked entering the room. "Yes, thanks to you doctor," he said. "Come on Maaz, you don't need to thank me. As a doctor it was my duty to save you'' she pulled a chair and sat in front of him,

"But you did more than a doctor does" he replied, "That's because I am your friend" She smiled at him but he didn't smile back, he just nodded.

"I am leaving today right," he asked, "yep! Finally you're getting discharged," she said and the nurse entered the room with some papers.

Walking out of the hospital, he sucked in a breath of cold air and let it out slowly. He felt caged in the past five months. The only thing he did in that hospital room was work.

He signed more than 20 deals in the past five months and attended all meetings online. His company 'The MN Industries" became one of the famous companies in the country whereas Naqvi industries were going bankrupt soon.

He entered his new house with Rumaisa. Both of them became close friends in the five months. "How's my new house doctor?" He asked her. "Awesome, just like you!!" she said.

Rumaisa went back to the hospital as she had patients to attend whereas Maaz took the day off. He wanted to see Haya, he missed her. He knew that she was living with the Naqvi's.

"Does she miss me?" he thought, he showered and wore a black hoodie with skinny black jeans and black shoes. He liked everything dark now.

He drove to the Naqvi Mansion, The outside of the Mansion was decorated beautifully as if a function is going on. Oh! how could he forget today was Heer's birthday. Entering the Mansion he saw all of them gathered around the table with a cake on it.

She was standing beside Yasir, laughing at his lame jokes, "She never laughed like that when she was with me" this thought angered him. He knew if he entered the house now they'd create a scene and he didn't want to ruin his niece's birthday.

All of them seemed Happy, specially Haya. As Heer cut the cake she feeds her parents and grandparents. His grandmother was present there too, she was the same as them. Only his maternal grandparents loved him.