Epilogue

"Abaan, Hooriya, stop fighting" Mahaz scolded his younger sister and cousin brother, "I heard that those who fight a lot get married in future" Hamza teased his sister, "No way! I'll never get my sister married to him" Maher semi-yelled.

"Calm down, Mahaz . Nothing will happen if he says so" Heer calmed her younger brother who turned red in anger. Mahaz was very protective of his sister.

"Anyways who is going to marry this monkey" saying Hooriya stuck out her tongue at Abaan and walked towards her grandmother.

"Mahaz, you shouldn't be so overprotective of her" Heer explained to him. "I promised my mama, that I'll protect my sisters. I couldn't protect my youngest sister but I'll never let anybody hurt my Hoor" Mahaz said hugging his parent's picture.

"Your son has grown up, Zee. I wish you both were here to see them grow" A tear escaped Heer's eye as she stood in front of Maaz and Haya's huge portrait.

Today was their eighth death anniversary. eight years since they left Mahaz, Hooriya and Hamza. eight years since the Naqvi's lost their son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

For Mahaz, today's day was the worst. He stayed grumpy most of the time. He didn't think before speaking, he'd be frustrated and hurt on this day.

His little angel always tried to calm him but ended up being hurt. "I told you not to come here, then why did you come?" He asked her angrily. The fifteen-year-old boy has endured a lot, living without parents and then handling two siblings who were twins and fighting cats and dogs wasn't easy.

Adab was a year older than Mahaz, Her cousin has always acted cold with her. "We are friends, Mahaz, and I don't like seeing you sad. Look at your siblings, if you break down then what will they do? you have to be strong for them" this was what he was told every now and then after his parents passed away.

"Please leave me alone Adab, this is the only day I can't control myself from breaking down. I turn weak in this day, I've always controlled my emotions for their sake, just let me cry for once so that I can feel relieved"

"Mama made your favourite food, please come downstairs, everyone is worried for you" Adab pleaded.

Everybody smiled seeing Mahaz on the dining table, "Only our Adab can tolerate his anger. I'm sure one day she'll mend his broken heart  too" Amira whispered to her husband.

"Adab, your food is getting cold" Aima reminded her daughter to eat as she was busy serving Mahaz, she nodded and started eating.

"If baba hadn't hurt Zee, Mahaz wouldn't have acted cold with him," Heer said to her mother, "But what's Adab's fault in that? Why is Mahaz always acting cold with her" Aima asked

"Because she looks like baba?" Heer questioned, "No, because he doesn't want anybody to get close to him after mama and Baba's death" Hooriya replied, sitting beside Heer.

Everybody was enjoying their tea when they heard noises from Mahaz's room. Adab got up from her seat to go to his room but Aima stopped her, "He's growing up, he needs to control. You won't always be here" she sat back hearing her mother.

"Why do you break things when you get angry" Adab asked and bandaged his right hand. "I feel peaceful when I hear them breaking" he replied.

"They can never be mended, just like my heart. I'll stop doing all this when I find her, I'll find peace, happiness and everything that I lost when they left" he said referring to his lost sister.

"We'll find her one day, Insha'Allah" she assured him. Amira was standing outside his room hearing her grandchildren's talk. She silently prayed for her grandson.