Chapter-6

Maaz's pov

These guys are my brother Mahir's friends. They are no less than him, they always find an opportunity to trouble me.

Earlier they used to bully me and even beat me, and whenever I would complain about it to my brother he would blame me instead of confronting his friends.

Once they used to be my friends too but one day Mahir Naqvi did something which made them my enemy.

"Haya let's go" I didn't want to create a fuss and that's why I think it's better to leave from here.

"Where are you going? Why don't you spend some time with us?" One of them caught her hand and started misbehaving with her.

"Leave her hand!" I yelled at him but he didn't listen to me. I could see the lust in their eyes, the way they were looking at her angered me.

I wanted to beat the shit out of them and I did.

"Never misbehave with my girl again," I said and punched him for the last time, wait a minute from where did this 'my' come?. "I'll tell Mahir about this" as soon as he got up he threatened me.

It was my fault to bring her here with me. "I am sorry" I apologised whereas she remained silent.

After an hour of driving, we reached the Orphanage, she opened the door and left without saying a word.

Haya's pov

My? His? What did he mean by my girl? I planned to spend my day in a good way but no, that Naqvi had to come and take me out with him!

He has to interfere in everything, but why? I just hate him!!

First, he ruined my painting and then my whole day.

It's midnight and I couldn't sleep. After few minutes my phone buzzed with a message, it was from an unknown number.

"Hey,  I am sorry for what happened today at the restaurant.  I just wanted to make it up to you so, let's go for ice cream?

I am waiting outside!"

There was no name mentioned but I for sure knew that it was him, Naqvi!

I went near my window and peeked outside only to find him standing near his car with his hands folded on his chest.

As his eyes averted to me he waved his hand, I turned my head the other way and moved away from the window.

Deciding whether I should go or not. "I am waiting!!" Another message popped up on my phone's screen.

Ice cream at midnight sounds good as I always wanted to go out at midnight but Mama would never allow me.

I wore my floral dress with a white jacket and white sandals and sneaked out of my room.

"Thanks for coming," he said as soon as he saw me. "Okay let's go" we talked and acted normally as if nothing happened earlier.

Until he brought up that topic " I am sorry for whatever happened today. I was really angry and I didn't realise what I said" ok so it means he didn't mean to say "My girl", I get it he was just angry he meant nothing.

"It's okay" I replied simply because I didn't want to talk about it anymore. "So which flavour do you like?" We soon reached the ice cream parlour and decided to order our favourite flavours.

"Mine is strawberry and yours?" I asked him the same. "I can't choose between chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch, so yeah all three of them are my favourites" we chatted for a few minutes after eating our ice cream.

It was 3 am when I came back home. I had a great time with him. I like his company.

'Maybe you like him too'

There comes the unwanted person.

No, I don't!

He's rude, arrogant and idk

'We  both know that he's just the opposite of what you said'

Just leave me alone ok! I have better things to do rather than arguing with you.

'Don't call me when you need help'

I won't! Now let me sleep.

Author's pov

After that incident, Maaz didn't return to his home either office.  When he returned home it was 3 in the morning.

"I heard you went on a date today?" Mahir came downstairs to drink water and when he saw Maaz entering the home, he couldn't help but ask.

"Do I owe you an explanation?" He said without looking at Mahir. "We don't care whatever you do unless it brings harm to our reputation"

"For a person like you these things wouldn't matter but for me, my family's reputation means a lot and I won't let some like you taint our reputation," Mahir said sternly and walked off.

Maaz shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the swimming pool, which resides near his room.

He didn't bother to change and jumped into the crystal blue water. The water was cold as ice but it didn't bother him.

His mind was filled with her thoughts.  Her face, her angelic eyes, her lips. The way she talks and the way she laughs.

He started developing feelings for her and he did realise it.  With a smile, he walked out of the swimming pool.

He stripped off his white shirt and jeans and jumped into his sweatpants.  After drying his hair it was time to hit the hay. Yep, as soon as he laid on his bed, he dozed off to sleep.