Lunch

My thoughts on Kai are killing me because I don't want to like Kai, but I kinda do at the same time and if you check Queen: Rebooted, then you can kinda see why.

But also this is so "aw"!

><><><

At first, Cole was a bit skeptical towards Kai, but now that they know each other, they were good friends as they went to the lunchroom.

"So Fox and Axolotl are siblings?" Cole said as they placed their stuff on a round table. "But they're two different species!"

"While that may be true, I heard that Tigress and Dragon are cousins too."

"But how does that work?!"

"Spirit animals, Cole. Before they transformed into their animal selves, they were average human siblings, but their personalities turned them into what they are today."

"I still don't believe that they're half-human half-animal beings... but I'll call them by whatever they want to be called."

"I think they'd appreciate that," said Kai. "Alright, I'm gonna go pay for lunch, see you in a sec."

Kai left Cole to watch over their stuff.

A few minutes later, Jay and Nya sat followed by Lloyd and Kai when a new face arrived. He wore one of those nicer "ugly sweater vests" over an off-brand white shirt with creamy pants while he had his hair... uh... look, we don't know hairstyle names so take it as a tall buzz cut until further notice. He also had an icy blue bandana around his neck.

"Hello," he said as he sat down with his lunch. His voice sounded cold but friendly at the same time. "You must be Cole. Jay had told me about you. I am Zane Jullian."

"Nice to meet you, Zane. I guess this is almost everyone, right?"

"Just about," said Lloyd as he looked around. "Where's Kitty?"

Kai nearly choked in his cardboard pizza.

"You still call her that?"

"Why not? I've called her kitty for years and I'll keep calling her kitty as long as I live!"

"I'm surprised people aren't teasing you about it now."

"Fuck you too."
Cole could tell they were best friends now.
"But where is she?"

"She's probably grabbing a drink or telling Morro to fuck off again. Honestly, why doesn't Tigress kill Morro? He's not a part of The Oni, but I've seen him near their base! He's most likely an 'intern' for them!"

"Maybe Tigress sees something that others don't see in Morro," said Nya. "He's a bit shady and annoying, but there has to be a reason why Tigress wants him alive even if she hates him with all her heart."

"Um..."
All eyes landed on Cole.
"I heard they're looking for Skylar... maybe Morro knows where she could be but he's being a dick?"

All was silent as they looked at each other.

"You're probably right," said Jay with a surprisingly serious look on his face. "It would make sense since Tigress says that she wishes she could kill Morro, but he's still here to piss off Lloyd. Maybe he's of use to The Die."

The others agreed.

"So... you guys are like a fan club of The Die?"

Honestly, from what Cole sees before him, it was like watching PatMat debunking some hidden lore on OurTube. It was kinda entertaining to watch them think and debate.

Small chuckles escaped their mouths.

"I suppose you c'n say dat," said a new voice from behind as she placed her hands on his shoulders. When Cole tried to look at who was behind him, she seemed to stay hidden behind him. "You must be Cole, yeah? Jay's new neighbor?"