Base

This makes me upset... What's sad is that I've seen something like this before... I was disappointed again...

><><><

Ed and Edna had received the message and immediately went to Mr. Steel's house with at least one bag packed each for themselves plus Jay.

"Lou!" Ed cried out to his neighbor as he banged against the door hard. Edna was ringing the doorbell scared out of her mind. "You have to grab some clothes now!"

"Please, Lou!" said Edna as tears ran through her eyes. "There isn't much time!"

Lou opened his door confused as to what was going on.

"Oh thank The First you're alive," said Ed. "Come on, grab your favorite clothes and let's go!"

"What's going on?"

"No time! We must hurry!" Edna said as she went inside. She quickly grabbed clothes for Lou while Ed grabbed clothes for Cole. "I'll get the urn!"

Lou couldn't take it so he grabbed the urn holding it as Edna tried to get it.

"What the Underworld is going on!?" Lou cried out as he backed away. Outside, a vehicle could be heard pulling up.

"Edna! They're here!" Ed called out.

"Come on, Lou!" said Edna as she ran out of the front door.

Lou was angry so he chased after them into The Bandwagon. He was surprised to see who was sitting in the front passenger.

"Cole?"

"Hey, dad," he said as he turned the chair back to the front. "Please take a seat and hold on tightly to mom. We have to hurry and can I see your phone?"

"Not until-"
There was an explosion in Ed & Edna's Junkyard behind them.
"Okay! Take it!"

Lou quickly sat in one of the seats buckling himself as Cole turned off his father's phone as Zane quickly drove away from the area.

"Where's Misako?" Edna asked as she looked around.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Walker," said Zane. "We're on our way to pick her up now. That should give her plenty of time to pack what is needed for your stay."

"Wait, what?! 'Stay'?!"

"Dad, I... I don't know how to explain this... but for safety reasons, moving here was most likely a bad idea. I'm not trying to say that the people we met and call our friends are bad, but we came at the wrong time."

"How are you so calm!?"

"Don't worry; I'm freaking out on the inside. But I trust that Zane can get us to safety."

"Cole, I need you to do me a favor!"

"What is it?"

"See the bracers over my head?"

"Yeah."

"I need you to grab the right bracer and strap it to my arm!"

Cole did exactly as he was told to do. The bracer was attached to some kind of cord that lit up as soon as it was properly secured. It only took a matter of seconds for the outside of The Bandwagon to be covered in thick ice as if it was armor.

"Holy shit!" Cole said as he watched the ice form.

"This is what the components are for!" said Zane as they pulled up to another place where a woman stood. He moved his arm and made his titanium feathers appear. "Open the door!"

Cole opened the door which revealed the lady with grey hair and glasses as she held bags as well. This must've been Misako, but Cole was surprised to see that a large wing made of ice was outside blocking the bullets that were being fired.