Plans

Cole and Lloyd as dogs.

><><><

Dinner was silent as Cole kept staring at the urn wondering what his mom would say if she was alive now.

Would she like his new friends or disapprove of them? They are standing up to those who are cruel and unjust like she used to, but their methods are kinda frowned upon...

...but so were the methods used on them mostly like Kai and Nya's story.

Who the hell makes someone's parents explode and has their kids eat them after poisoning the dish?

Now that Cole went back down memory lane, he suddenly wasn't hungry for the chili he was eating at the moment...

His father noticed...

"What's wrong?"

"It's just that... I know you seem to disapprove of The Die, but I can't help but question what mom would think... and I remembered something Nya told me that suddenly made me not like chili anymore..."

"At least you mostly finished your bowl," said his father as he took it and added it to his. "But why?"

"Trust me, it's best if you DON'T know why The Die had banned chili from their diet..."

"I was referring to why you were wondering what your mother would say, but that's good to know too, I guess."

"Oh... It's just that... well... I'm sure you wouldn't believe me if I told you that they were reborn, believe me, I didn't believe it either at first, but since they were reborn... they've died and were brought back to life and seek revenge or vengeance for those who killed them and/or their loved ones... What would mom say?"

His father was silent as he looked over at the urn... He sighed before he turned to face his son.

"Cole, do you know why I wanted you to follow in my footsteps?"

"Not really..."

"It's because... your mother was a fighter and she crossed paths with some bad people... I know you want to be like her, but... I don't want to lose you too... If you follow in your mother's footsteps, I'll support you, but please... be careful, okay?"

"I will, dad... Are you okay?"

Now his father was acting weirdly. He was looking around as he ate the chili... His eyes widened.

"I remember when you and your mother made up a language," he said weirdly blinking. Cole got the memo. "I think I kinda remember how to write it. Do you think that if we write your mother a letter and put it in the urn, she'll get it in heaven?"

"Maybe. Let's see."

They played it as if nothing suspicious was going on, but what they wrote was different. Cole's letter was truly a letter to his mother while his father's...

Cole was a master at decoding this fake language so he quickly understood what his father was trying to tell him in the letter...

He had to think of something and fast...

At their base, Aloy had instructed that her party train hard today to prepare for a possible rescue mission on the account of the phone call Cole secretly gave them when Harumi was at his house.

"Train 'ard taday, youngbloods!" she said as she grabbed her bo staff. "If da bitch wants Cole, she'll need ta fight us fer 'im! I want ta see y'all ready ta destroy 'er once an' fer all especially if she's gettin' Mrs. Steel's ashes involved! I don't wanna see anythin' dat ain't your top game, do I make myself clear?!"

"Yes, Tigress!" they replied.

"Tamarra, we prepare ta confront Cole 'bout possible plans of slidin' one a us in 'is secret conversation 'e gotta tend on Monday! Prepare fer da worst ta come!"

With that, training began as they used their elements on the training dummies, and let me say that how they were attacking was brutal.

Since Aloy was from a magical family, the dummies had been enchanted to survive whatever blow she and her party could throw at them... Of course... these are magic weapons that were made from their powers so like... yeah... Have fun with that.

Blows were fired and thrown left and right as they worked together for hours. When the clock struck maybe 11 or so at night was when they stopped. Lloyd and Jay had the okay from their families to stay at Aloy's especially since there was vengestone dust within their area so the Xmas-colored duo went to the lounge to relax.

"What do you think the bitch wants now?" Kai asked as he grabbed the remote.

"Not sure," Lloyd replied as he cut open a hole in the larger side of the popcorn bag. "She did bring up Cole's mother... Maybe she's interested in making him an Oni to make his mother proud?"

"Heh, who would be proud of a daughter like your ex? If I had a daughter with Skylar, you can bet your tail that I'm going to do my best to raise my daughter right."

"My amber cousin isn't your girlfriend. You didn't even ask her out before she went missing!"

"Hey, when I save her, I'll take her out to a nice fancy restaurant and try to win her over!"

"Dude, she saw you flirt with other girls..."

"I'm trying to find out what's the best pick-up line! How can I win Skylar over if I make a fool of myself?"

Now was one of those times where Lloyd wished he didn't promise to keep secrets from Kai, but he promised to keep Skylar's crush on Kai a secret. He had to choose his words carefully...

"Well, when we find Skylar, I suggest you try and talk to her," he said while popping a soda open. For whatever reason, only he and Aloy could have sugary treats at the moment until further tests could be made to make the others able to consume other human food like they used to. "Don't try too hard to be the cool guy. You're a desert fox that can go up in flames. Be hot!"

"Easier said than done, Lloyd."

"So is being pretended to be a human. Either way, I believe you can win her over."

"Really?"

"Yeah... and Aloy sometimes texts me stating that when we find Skylar and if neither of you does anything to win the other over, she'll shove you in a closet until you fuck."

This caught Kai off guard by a landslide.

Meanwhile...

"You need food," said a voice. This one sounded a bit metallic. "You'll starve if you don't eat! Take mine!"

The other two figures quickly took the metallic voice's food taking what they could before the three of them gathered around wrapping their arms around each other...

"Do you think help will come?" said another voice. This one sounded tough yet elegant at the same time.

"I'm sure of it," said a third. This one sounded powerful, but she wasn't her best at the moment... "They'll save us eventually... I know it..."

><><><

Word Count: 1171...