Secrets

That is so pretty and makes me wanna get back into coffee again. Can't because it tires me more than energizing me.

><><><

"Oh, my First," said Jay as he looked at the sketch. "That's so pretty! She'll love it!"

"I agree," said Nya as she took in the details. "But is there such thing as too much pink?"

"Perhaps there is," said Zane. "There is such thing as too much of something which is why there's low levels of the color yellow in The Die House."

Now that Cole thought about it, yellow seemed to not exist in the mansion besides in the bedrooms since they were painted to fit what they liked.

"Maybe, but take a look at these rings," said Cole as he held a few rings. Each took a ring examining it carefully. "They're like an off-white."

"He's right," said Kai as he placed the ring down. He picked up another ring with a smile in his eyes. "This one has zircon."

"I found a cat pendant with more zircon," said Jay. "It's made out of silver though..."

"Then we'll use it as a template for a mold," said Lloyd. "Once we have a mold, we can use the original gemstones and add them to the new cat."

While they chatted away ideas as to what Cole could do with the jewelry, Aloy was at the shrine where the deceased stayed. She was dusting off the urns as well as the photos of all of them...

Her parents, elder sibling, uncles, Kai and Nya's parents... or rather what they could gather and turn into ashes..., Zane's father, Jay's biological parents he doesn't like talking about (yes, he's adopted due to his parents' medical and financial issues), and then Cole's mother...

Aloy knew Lilly would most likely consider her cruel and unjust for how much blood was on her hands. Of The Die, the kill count went a little something like this...

Zane: one kill, weird doppelganger (Pixel's crazy brother, Dro)

RoD: tricked his father into thinking that he was the real Zane and killed him

CoD: frozen over and shatter into pieces

Personal Targets: whoever kidnapped Pixel

Lloyd: one kill, Orville (aka The Overlord)

RoD: paralyzed his father and nearly killed him then killed his uncle, Wu, later killed his father staging it as an accident

CoD: energy blast that caused him to explode

Personal Targets: Harumi for emotional abuse (can't be done for the time being) and Morro for annoying him (can't be done for the time being)

Jay: one death, Nadakhan, one assist

RoD: killed his birth mother since she was pregnant with her husband's child and not his (one of those birth assistance things), tried to kill the husband and child (failed), killed the father staging it as... self-murder... thinking Jay was dead, later killed Jay

CoD: Jay directed lightning to strike the bastard, total bolts struck - unknown...

Personal Targets: none

Kai & Nya: one kill, Acronix, assistance from Jay

RoD: enslaved their parents, murdered their parents then fed them to the duo poisoning them resulting in their death

Cod: Nya made the floor wet while Kai and Jay combined their powers forming a plasma gun firing it at the not-so-poor bastard

Personal Targets: Krux for making Nya uncomfortable and giving Kai a hard time

Aloy: two, Chen and Orox

RoD: Chen kidnapped her mother, forced her to have a child (Skylar), killed her mother when Skylar had escaped, (mostly blacked out content, possibly what happened to her mother's body after death but before cremation), Orox set their first home on fire causing an explosion

CoD: Chen - torn in half, Orox - ripped to shreds

Personal Targets: Seliel for killing their freshblood while they were dating and her uncle, Morro for stalking her, whoever killed Wolveya's family, kidnappers of Skylar and Pixel, and Harumi for... you already know why, all can't be done for the time being

Aloy sighed as she thought about her father's description of Lilly... A kind woman who fought for justice... Would The Die be considered as bad people for her son? What would she do if she was here now?

If she found out how Aloy felt about Cole...

Lou had startled Aloy while she was deep in thought causing her to knock over Lilly's urn...

"Oh, my First!" she said as she got on her hands and knees trying to scoop up the pure white substance into the urn... "I'm... so... hold on..."

"It's okay, Aloy," said Lou as he stepped over the spill... He doesn't seem to be angry out of his mind... "What's wrong?"

Aloy didn't speak to him as she took a whiff of the substance that spilled out then got up and peered into the other urns... She then turned to Lou as she growled...

"You have a lot a 'xplainin' ta do an' DON'T lie to me; I KNOW when someone lies!"

After an explanation, a meeting with everyone in the house was called as Aloy held the urn... Everyone was confused out of their minds...

Once everyone sat at the kitchen table, Aloy dumped the substance within the urn onto the table...

"Why would you DO that!?" Cole said as he stood. His hands went through his hair pulling it as he panicked. "Why did you dump my mom on the table!?"

"Zane, scan" she ordered. "Even if my nose ain't da best, I'm still sure I know what is an' isn't someone's ashes."

Zane scanned what was on the table... His eyes widened...

"It's flour," he said. Eyes widened... "I scanned and rescanned since I could not believe what I was seeing, but it is flour that came out of Mrs. Steel's urn."

Jay leaned into the white dust pile and sniffed it...

"I can confirm that it is flour," he said as he touched it... "But why would there be flour in Mrs. Steel's urn?"

Cole's record snapped in half when he heard the news... His mother's urn was filled with flour?... For how long?... Where did his mother's ashes go and why?...

"Dat's where Mr. Steel comes in," growled Aloy... "Got anythin' ta say to YOUR SON?"

Lou sighed...

"Cole... I'm sorry, but... I gave your mother's ashes away..."

><><><

Word Count: 1045...