Found

The room was tense as Cole and Jay stared at their peers. They knew they were in trouble...

"Why did you put a tracker at Vengestone Peek?" Aloy growled. She didn't sound mad, but that made the mood tenser...

"You what!?" said Jay as his head whipped to Cole. "Why would you do that!?"

"Because I found them!" he said. "We don't have to keep looking for Skylar, Pixel, my mom, and the other person! I've placed a tracker deep within my mother's ashes so if they move her, at least we can save one of them without anyone getting suspicious!"

"You could've been caught!" Aloy said as she stood slamming her paws on the table. "Should that've 'appened, dey woulda taken ya an' performed da ritual ta bring a twisted version of your ma back!! Dey could've killed you, Skylar, Pixel, AND Akita on da spot had dey been dere an' we wouldn't be able ta bring y'all back!!!"

Cole remained silent as he took that final statement to heart...

"What do you mean by you won't be able to bring us back?"

The room was still tense, but it was different as Kai stood up.

"Don't you think we wanted our parents back?" he questioned with a hiss. "The one thing Nya and I wished for the most were for our parents to return, but we have to live every day knowing they'll never return because there was too little to turn them into one of us."

"If we could've brought back my birth father as one of us, we wouldn't need to print out money," commented Jay as he looked down... There was a money printer in the basement that could easily fool the banks into thinking The Die were rich bitches.

"If we could've brought back my father and uncle as one of us... I wouldn't be afraid of them returning to kill me again," said Lloyd as his grip on his gi tightened... He blinked away his tears as he looked down as well...

"If I could at least bring back my mother... I would've," said Aloy as her head bowed...

Other heads bowed as well as Kai and Aloy sat down... Zane stood up...

"Dice Blood can only do so much," he said... "It may have the power to heal and resurrect the dead with little to no consequences, depending on the person, but should the human be too small in pieces, they can not come back..."

Cole and his father were silent for a bit before Lou spoke...

"What's the bare minimum to bring back someone?..."

"A whole hand, foot, neck, anything that can hold blood," answered Misako.

"...what if the body is chopped up?..."

Cole agreed that this was a disturbing question to ask, but he had to know...

No one answered him so he assumed that it wouldn't work either...

"Don't worry, dearie," said Edna as she wrapped an arm around Cole. "We know you were trying to do the right thing, but please be more careful. Because you're so important to us now, we don't want you to get hurt."

"She's right," said Ed. "If we could let you and your father live a normal life, we would do it In A Heartbeat, but that's impossible at the moment. Rest assured, as soon as we get your mother and the girls back, we'll find you both a new place to stay and give you as normal of a life as we can! Right everyone?"

The others agreed as Zane projected up a 3D map of Vengestone Peek with the tracker.

"This is where Cole planted the tracker," he said while pointing at the flashing orange dot. "We might lose the girls if The Oni decide to move them... but we can at least prevent the resurrection of a corrupted Mrs. Steel."

"I doubt they'll move them."

"What makes ya so sure 'bout dat?"
Cole emptied his pockets revealing the (broken) goodies he collected.
"Are those..."

"They're Morro's electronics," he replied. "I took everything I could find on him and broke it. I would've stripped him naked and left him there just in case his clothes had some kind of hidden tracker, but I didn't feel like seeing his peapod-sized dick."

Smiles were cracked as some muffled chuckles could be heard. This was true by the way for this AU.

"Even if ya went behind our backs, ya did well, Shar-Cole," said Aloy as she grabbed a stylest for the projection. "We must be careful 'ow we approach dis... One wrong move an' we could accidentally kill someone or get 'urt ourselves... No, we are not sendin' da humans ta rescue dem."

"But you could die if you touch vengestone! We could use The Bandwagon while Zane's hooked up to it, freeze the water over, take the girls and Lilly's ashes, then leave if we're quick enough."

"Misako's right. We've already lost our son once and I refuse to lose him again," said Ed. "The Bandwagon is designed to keep vengestone out so you guys will be safe while we get them!"

"But what will happen if The Oni are there?" asked Nya. "This is a rescue mission, I'm sorry, but we shouldn't be risking innocent lives."

"Does The Bandwagon have some kind of heat scanner thing and a drill?"
All eyes whipped at Cole.
"Like... if we knew where they stand, we can drill into their cell and get them that way. Once they're in, we could use Nya's water ability and Zane's ice ability to form an escape route back to the land and drive home from there."

"Nya, Jay, Zane, double-check Da Bandwagon fer a drill and a heat scanner! If we have dat in Da Bandwagon, den we'll do dat!"
Zane, Nya, and Jay were dismissed to check up on The Bandwagon.
"Kai, Lloyd, we're rearrangin' da seatin'. From now on, Zane drives, I'm in shotgun, Nya behind Zane, Lloyd behind me, Kai behind Nya, Jay behind Lloyd, and Shar-Cole in da back."

Kai and Lloyd nodded.

"I also would like ta test if Shar-Cole c'n use da canon station as a human after dis."

"Wait, my station is a canon?"

"Yes. It was my station an' when Da Oni chased us, I'd shoot 'em."

Cole's jaw dropped with a smile.

"If I can use it, you can bet your tails that I'll use the Underworld out of it!"

><><><

Word Count: 1080