Lilly

So pretty.

><><><

The training room was in the backyard within some kind of box so to speak complete with a balcony.

This is where the adults sat watching the animals use their gifts.

"I still can't believe that my sister married a man with extraordinary powers," said Misako. "I'm glad to have my nieces and her firstborn even if only one of them is here with us today..."

"I agree 100%," said Edna. "Biologically speaking, all of your nieces are wonderful for taking my boy in! Oh, I was worried at first, but now I'm so happy to see my future daughter-in-law train with my baby boy!"

"You're not worried about your sons being in a gang?" Lou asked.

"At first, we were," said Ed. "But when we found out that besides avenging themselves or loved ones, all they do is train to see how far their powers can go and protect whoever they care for, we didn't see much of a reason to be worried for their safety and possibly their future. Aloy said that next year, she'll help our son become an engineer as well as try and make him the next Borg!"

For the record, Mr. Borg was the top creator for so many electronic products including The Bandwagon since his daughter Pixel requested it. Jay had a lot of ideas, but he had a limited amount of items to put them together with...

"Lloyd said that he wants to teach others how to defend themselves and if he can- DUCK!"
Aloy had launched Lloyd to the balcony where the parents stayed sending him past them.
"The safety glass is gone!?"

"Sorry, the safety glass fell off and snapped in half before you arrived," said Lloyd. He then leaned over the edge. "Aloy! Should we call it a day until the new safety glass is up!?"

"Fine! But only 'til da new safety glass is up!" she said as she turned off the equipment. "Zane should be done soon anyway. Free time 'til lunch!"

Weapons disappeared as they went inside. Lou was still surprised that THIS was Aloy Dice as she pulled something up. He decided to check up on her.

"Excuse me," he said as he approached her. She didn't look away from the screen, but her ear turned in his direction as her head twitched. "What are you doing?"

"Settin' up my 'llusions ta be real," she replied. "With my ex on da loose an' the possibility a 'er KNOWING where we be even if we moved... I ain't lettin' no Oni in fer jack especially if that albino bitch wants Cole fer 'er collection! Dere... if you or Cole need ta exit our place, please tell me first so I c'n create a safety bubble fer ya."

"I understand, Aloy... Thank you for taking us into your care. I'm sure Lilly would've loved you."

"Fergive me, but who be Lilly?"

"She was my wife before she was killed in action overseas..."

"You're da husband a Lilly Steel!?"

"...yes?"

"Oh, my First!" said Aloy as she ran her paws through her fur. "You got no idea 'ow thankful I be fer your wife!"

"Why?"

"Er... Mind if I make it an announcement durin' lunch?"

"I... guess."

Aloy seemed to be bursting with joy as she went elsewhere leaving Lou confused.

A few minutes later, a horn could be heard starting The Steels.

"What the Underworld was that!?" said Cole as he secured himself to the couch looking around. It was still a nice day outside so that wasn't a tornado horn, right?

"That was the lunch horn," said Lloyd as he paused the game. "Whenever one of us makes meals for the day, we pull a rope that lets the others know that we're done cooking."

"Good timing, Zane!" said Jay as he got up. "I'm famished!"

Cole could see their tails wagging like crazy. Maybe they love food as much as him?

Everyone flocked to the dining room where lunch sat. Honestly, it looked like whatever Ninjago's equivalent to Gordon Ramsay is had been there.

Eager to try the food, Cole took a seat next to Jay as he stared the food down. Mouthwatering at the sight.

Once everyone had sat at the table, Aloy clinked her glass drawing everyone's attention.

"Humans 'n' animals," she said. "I know dat Da Steels don't know, but do you renember my story?"

"Of course," said Lloyd. "How could we forget that your father moved to Ninjago after he was banished?"

This shocked The Steels.

"Yes, but do y'all renember what 'appened durin' Da Serpentine War with my family tree?"

For the record, a human army calling themselves The Serpentine had started a war, but with the leader, Pythor P. Chumsworth, dead, peace had returned. Now former Serpentine lives within Ninjago.

Kai bowed his head a bit. He had a way of remembering events as though he were a history book.

"Jeremy Dice lived in a place called Shintaro where The Die lived," he stated. Yes, the tribe was called Die just like Aloy's last name. "During The Serpentine War, he and other morphlings fought to defend their land. A warrior that seemed to have risen from the ground had come and helped protect the tribe even if she had a family at home. She told many stories to the tribe about her husband and son and how the freshblood would've loved to see the tribe. One day, Jeremy was banished so the warrior from the earth took him with her where he met Aloy The First and took Wolveya as his own."

"Do you renember what the warrior from the earth's name was?"

"Lilly... Why?"

The Steels eyes widened.

"My mom saved your people?" Cole asked. Heads whipped towards him.

"It appears so, Shar-Cole," Aloy replied.

"Wait, so if Cole's mother didn't save Jeremy during The Serpentine War," said Jay. "Then..."

"Den none a us would be 'ere now..."

All had turned to The Steels as they placed their hands... paws... claws... whatever they use to grab things together and bowed their heads at them.

Looks like Cole and Lou became VIPs.

"Now, we dine," said Aloy.

Cole chuckled as he took some mac 'n' cheese taking a single bite.

"Oh, my First," he thought as soon as the spoon was in his mouth. Tears of pure joy went down his face. "This is the best thing I've ever had!"

Maybe this was why the morphlings at the table were kinda scarfing down what was on their plates. Either way here is heaven.

><><><

Word Count: 1102