When a Pawn meets the Opponent King...

I followed him to the main door. Fisher opened the door and on the other side of the door, there was a man standing. Now let me give you a short description of this man. The man was nearly 5.5 feet in height. He was wearing an English country jacket with grayish trousers. The condition of both of them was atrocious. He had a flat cap as his headwear and Brogue shoes as his footwear in which dry mud could be seen clearly. His face was completely faded and he was trembling rapidly because of some unknown fear. He had an envelope in his hand. 

Without saying anything he handed over the envelope to Fisher with teary eyes. Fisher was about to say something but before he could say it, to everyone's surprise, a sound of gunfire stunned us all for a fraction of a second. In the next moment, I saw the unknown stranger collapsed into the ground and a white sedan which had probably evaded all our eyes on the other side of the lane in front of our house put its pedal to the metal. Fisher jumped into his Harley Davidson in the next moment and started chasing the sedan ALONE!!! Everything happened so quickly that it took a lot of time for me and Mrs. Williams to digest all the things and get back to our normal condition. 

I checked the stranger's nerve and breathe. Alas! he couldn't make it. The bullet had perforated his skull and caused immediate death. I checked the body thoroughly and checked all his pockets in a hope that I will definitely find something. And I'm right! In the left pocket of his trouser, I found a tiny diary and a small pen. I quickly took them inside the hall and preserved them in a safe place out of the reach of the police.

Then I came back and instructed Mrs. Williams, "Do not touch or let anyone touch the body until I or Fisher come back with the police. Don't even bother about the body just remember to keep an eye on it."

"Okay sir." she nodded.

After that, I went to the police for reporting this incidence. When I reached Mansfield House Police Station I found that Fisher had already reached there. 

"So what have you found out from the body? Any type of paper or something like that?"  He asked the moment he saw me.

"A diary and a pen," I said surprisingly.

"Ok! Nice! Now don't tell about them in front of Harrison. He will be here shortly. I have already done all the report works here. Once he reaches here, we will set out for our house with Harrison." he stopped.

"And what about the car you chased?" I asked.

"I was compelled to end the chase as he started firing on me. I can't even recognize him as he was wearing a mask. He was all alone inside the car. But still, I managed to note down the car number on my mind. I have already given the details and the number of that car to the police. They have already informed nearby police stations about it and a whole police force has surrounded the area of Burley's flyover through which he had escaped. I hope he will be caught soon. But I found something similar to his firing style from his car. Looks like I have seen that style somewhere before. Umm...I just can't remember who was it..." He said

In the meantime, Inspector Harrison entered the police station. On our way back to our house two inspectors accompanied Harrison and me. Fisher was on his Harley. I told Harrison everything about the incident except the diary and the pen that I have found from the body. 

When we reached our home I saw a crowd gathering in front of our house. The police had already surrounded the killing ground with 'do not cross' tapes. The two constables in guard immediately saluted Harrison when he stepped into that place. For some time Harrison examined the body of that stranger. Then he ordered an Inspector to send the body for postmortem and then pointed us to come inside. We followed him to our hall.

"So what's now Mr. Fisher?" asked Harrison.

"Depends upon your special force which you have sent to catch the murderer. If they are able to catch him then we can proceed in this case."

"Do you think all these events are connected with the Tarantula case?"

"At present, I will not comment about this but there could be a connection between them. Now Inspector Harrison tell me one thing don't you have faith in me?" Fisher asked.

Inspector became somehow unstable after hearing this."Yes..." He said this with a bit of doubt in his voice.

"So why did you sent some of your men to follow us?" Fisher asked.

I was in shock for the second time within an hour. "What?" I exclaimed.

"Yes Daniel, you remember the black Mercedes? The owner of that Mercedes is none other than Mr. Harrison. The two men inside were just two constables dressed as civil. Am I right Harrison?" Fisher said.

"Yes, you are right. I just wanted to know how you start the investigation and I am really sorry for that. I ensure you that this will never happen again at least from my side." Inspector Harrison said.

Suddenly, Harrison's phone started ringing...

*******************

(𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞...Till then stay safe! stay alert!)