Time for the Endgame...

In the meantime, a huge rush had started inside the building. We were able to sense it from inside the washroom. 

"Sir! Sir!" the guard outside the washroom started pounding on the locked door. 

The washroom was already filled with smoke at that point, and we had to leave quickly to avoid choking to death. The two of us made our positions against the walls and stayed behind the door inside the washroom. Harrison counted to three, and at zero I opened the locked door. The door slammed open as the guard came in with a rifle in his hands. As soon as he entered, the stagnant smoke inside the washroom rushed towards him finding an opening through the door. But in this course, his vision became totally obscured. Taking advantage of this situation Harrison jumped in front of him. Harrison grabbed the gun and twisted it in such a way that the guard's hold on the gun loosened before he could pull the trigger. A single snatch changed the gun's hands, and it was now in Harrison's hands. Before the guard could do anything I came behind him and had him in a chokehold. He tried to escape but escaping from my chokehold is not so easy. Slowly, his body became still and after a while, he drifted into a deep sleep. There's no way he would wake up from that kind of sleep. 

After dealing with the guard we came out of the washroom. The building was in a state of emergency. Everyone was running here and there including the guards with torches in their hands. According to the plan we proceeded towards the laboratory. The darkness and the rush among people there helped us to reach the laboratory without that much problem. Although Harrison was carrying that rifle with him for safety.

Meanwhile, the special forces started entering the building one by one from all directions. The guards outside the building were already being eliminated with silenced shots. 

We peeked inside the laboratory. It was pitch black inside the room. I turned on the flashlight of my phone. It was a huge room. There were various medical instruments inside the room including some setups of beds generally found inside the hospitals. There were bottles of chemicals stacked on the walls along with some insects including tarantulas. But there was not a single individual inside the room, alive or dead. We came out of the laboratory. Now we could hear gunshots coming from the lower level. Some were normal, while others were suppressed. A firefight may have broken out between the special forces and Peter's guards. 

Now we have to find both the families and also the children. We went inside Peter's room. No one was there. Harrison started to check the walls in hope that he will find a secret room or something like that. But nothing was there. 

"So Peter again escaped successfully?" I asked Harrison.

"It is not possible. Our force is surrounding this house from all sides. He must be inside this house."

As people rushed to the ground floor from the first floor, some to escape the building and some to support the guards fighting with special forces, the first floor became almost empty. We checked each and every room on the first floor but found none among the families and the children. Meanwhile, the special forces had overcome the guards and were climbing upward to the first floor. Some were searching the ground floor too. Harrison ordered them to search the first floor once more.

"Let's go to the second floor, Daniel," Harrison said while pulling my wrist.

I followed him as he advanced towards the second floor. There was only one stair for the second floor on the right side of the building. The second floor proved to be completely empty when we took a step onto it. In the hallways, nobody was around.  In fact, there were not so many rooms on the second floor. There were three rooms in total and after checking all of them we found that all those were only storage rooms and were completely empty.