Theories, Theories, and More Theories...

"Firstly, the call log of the phone retrieved from Charles is now with me. Our men were successful to break the lock and take out the call details from the phone. But here is the strange part. Charles said in the interrogation that he called his partner first and then the call from an unknown number came into his phone. But when we saw the call log it tells a completely different story. The call log shows that the call from that unknown number was the first-ever call received by that phone and in the second of the list, there is a number saved as Godwin, which was dialed from that phone just after the first call disconnected. As usual, we tried to track both the numbers. As you can guess the unknown number was untraceable but we managed to track Godwin's number, who is Charles's partner according to Charles. Here is another twist. Godwin's number is deactivated currently but you will be surprised to know the place and the time when this number got deactivated." Stated Harrison.

"Proceed," said Fisher.

"The number was deactivated in the location just near 5 Shires Ln, Leicester LE1 4AN, and the timing was 9:30 PM, 27th of October, 2018."

Oh my God! That was the exact time, date, and place where Charles met that strange man who supplied Charles with the gun and the money. 

"What does that mean, Fisher?" I asked.

"At this point, it is impossible to comment. Further evidence is needed before we can draw any conclusions." Fisher said.

"But Fisher isn't it easy to say that the masked man was none other than Charles's partner named Godwin?" I asked.

"I thought that too Daniel but there are three contradictions. The first one is: I observed Charles while he was saying about the masked man. It didn't seem that he knew that man previously. Who can't recognize his partner's voice, Daniel? But he didn't recognize it. And he was not lying. I am hundred percent sure about that. Secondly: Godwin is also a trained shooter like Charles. Now you think why Spidey will use a trained shooter for just a delivery purpose knowing that the person he will deliver that suitcase is none other than his partner. Third: Spidey surely knows about Godwin. Then why he would invite another shooter for the work when he already has one?" Fisher said.

"Perhaps, he has two works to be done at the same time," I said.

"If your theory is correct then we are lacking serious information about another deadly incidence, Daniel." He laughed.

I understood he is laughing at me. Ugh! This guy sometimes becomes too savage to tolerate.

"But Fisher, Charles dialed Godwin's number just after talking with that unknown number. Don't you think maybe there is a reason behind such behavior?" Harrison asked.

"Maybe or may not be." Fisher said, "But one thing is clear. This Godwin person is either dead or in danger and he is somehow related to this case for sure. It is because the deactivation date, time, and place are exactly the same as described by Charles when he went to receive those items and met that strange man. All these things couldn't be just a coincidence. Now, what other informations do you have, Harrison?"

"The police officer from the Mansfield House Police station named Oliver checked the CCTV footage of the area mentioned by Charles. However, the meeting place was chosen in such a way that it was not covered by CCTV. It was a narrow passage beside the main lane. But we were able to study the actions of the two men, Charles, and that masked man. At first at 8:55 pm Charles entered the passage in a hurry from the left side. Then at 9:05 pm, the masked man entered the passage from the Right side. Now on the right side of that passage, there is a hotel named "Queen's Paradise". In the CCTV footage from the main lane, it appears that the man exited the hotel and went down the passage."