"You owe me an explanation"

As soon as we reached home, I told Fisher, "You owe me an explanation."

"Of what?", he questioned.

"Everything! All the assumptions, theories, and those unexpected statements to Charles! How did you just guess everything right? I was with this case from the beginning still don't have a single clue to think. What am I supposed to do? Just roam here and there when you are solving this critical case. Huh?"

"Ohh... Daniel! Daniel!...Don't be so impatient. Ok! I will explain all my theories to you but before that, I have to read the diary of our morning visitor and the two volumes of that book. But first, I will prefer to have my lunch so let's have a look at what special Mrs. Williams has made for our lunch." Fisher said and went towards the kitchen.  

Fisher didn't say a word during our lunch.  After lunch, he went to his room. As time passed I became more and more impatient. As the afternoon wore on, the evening began. I went outside to have my evening walk. When I came back Fisher was still in his room. Five hours had passed since he had entered the room. 

During that moment, I became increasingly impatient and out of frustration, I threw a temper tantrum at the Fisher's room door. That room did not make any sound in response. After some time I again knocked but still, there was no sound. A sudden fear struck me. Fisher never did this before. At this time, Mrs. Williams usually went to her house to spend time with her family, so she wasn't in the house. That means Fisher was all alone in the house when I went for the walk. "Oh no!." I said to myself. I quickly went outside and looked inside Fisher's room through the open window. I got shocked when I saw the room. 

The room seemed to be hit by a storm. There were all kinds of papers scattered everywhere. Fisher's favorite books were scattered randomly across the carpet. And there was Fisher, unconscious on the floor. Blood was dripping from his head and had soaked a portion of the carpet near his body. It was a terrifying scene. I climbed inside the room through the window. I checked Fisher's nerve and luckily he was still alive! Immediately I made two calls. One to the nearby hospital and the other to Harrison. Fisher was still unconscious. Even after I sprinkled water on his face multiple times, he did not open his eyes.

In the meantime, the ambulance and the police both entered simultaneously. The paramedics arrived with the stretcher and with great care they carried Fisher to the ambulance. Then Harrison came inside the room and began to examine the spot where Fisher had been unconscious all this time. It was my fear that he would find Fisher's green diary or the diary we recovered from the victim today. But the good thing was Harrison didn't get any of it. Afterward, he asked me about everything that had happened. I told him everything in detail. After listening, he left the spot and dispatched two police constables to guard our house. 

(AFTER FOUR HOURS)

I and Chief Inspector Harrison were sitting in a waiting room at the hospital, waiting for the doctors in charge to give their approval for us to meet with Fisher. In addition to the wound in his head, Fisher also had a deep bite mark of a tarantula on his hand and it was real. One of the heavy vases in the Fisher's room was used to damage his head. How do I know it? It's simple. When I entered Fisher's room I saw vase pieces were also scattered on the floor along with the papers and books. Some of the pieces also had bloodstains. Also, a vase beside Fisher's bed was missing. Therefore, it is quite likely that the unwanted visitor used the vase next to Fisher's bed to attack him. One hour ago the nurse told us Fisher was given antivenom and five stitches in his head, and now he is conscious and feeling much better than he did before. We felt much relieved at that time. 

Suddenly the doctor came and told us, "He is now out of danger, but he is still weak due to extra blood loss. So I can't allow you two to talk more than twenty minutes with him."

"This is enough, thank you, doctor," said Harrison.

DAY 3

We went inside the room where Fisher was resting on his bed. Seeing us coming he gave a warm smile. I smiled too but seeing his condition I was unable to hold my tears. His head was almost bandaged. His right hand was covered with ice bags. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen him in such a distressed state.

"So Mr. Fisher how are you feeling now?" Harrison asked.

"Experiencing the same feeling as after being hit by a truck and having a snake bite at the same time," Fisher said.

"Hope we could talk to you for some time," Harrison said.

"Yeah sure."

"Can you please tell us what exactly had happened with you when you were inside your room?" Harrison asked.

"So I was reading the two books which I had brought from the library. But those books were atrociously boring. You should have written those books, Daniel." He chuckled. "Now out of boredom I dozed off. Suddenly, I was awakened by a sharp pain in my right hand. It was burning and hurting like hell. When I opened my eyes completely, I saw a man in a coat and with a black mask standing in front of me. He was making a strange sound and was looking directly towards my right hand. I followed his vision and saw a tarantula climbing up my hand towards a glass box held just in front of my fingers by that mysterious person. It seemed like the tarantula was well trained and all the things it was doing were according to the orders given by its master with that strange sound." Fisher halted for some time.

Then he continued again, "No doubt, that particular tarantula had bitten me in my hand. My right hand was nearly paralyzed because of pain. Still, somehow I managed to get my revolver on my table with my left hand. However, before I could turn and aim towards him, I was struck by a heavy object. Before I fell unconscious I heard him saying that he had warned me multiple times but I didn't listen so now I am experiencing the consequences. It's obvious from the voice of the man that he is at least in his 70s. That's all I could remember before I collapsed. When I waked up I was on this bed." Fisher halted.

"So the mastermind came right down from the sky to meet you. And he searched your entire room for something. But what was it? What is the thing you are hiding from me for which the mastermind searched your entire room?" Harrison asked.

"Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that either. I will inform you as soon as I find out." Said Fisher. "Harrison, could you please leave me and Daniel alone? I have something personal to talk with him."

"Sure!" Harrison said and left the room.

********************

(𝑺𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒓: 𝑭𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑺𝒐 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 '𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹 𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑹𝑺' 😏. Till then stay safe! stay alert!)