The Interrogation(2)...

Looking at Harrison, I wondered if he was as surprised as I was.

"How could Fisher know all the things?" I said to myself.

"He cheated on me!!!", a scream echoed inside the room.

I looked forward towards Charles. He looked completely frustrated. His eyes were bloody red. He was panting.

"My dear Charles, he used you. But I'm confused how you contacted him just after getting out of the prison?"

"What? I contacted him? Are you mad? He contacted me." Charles said.

"Rubbish! I don't believe this." Fisher stated with strong disapproval.

"Listen then." Charles pointed towards the glass and then looked towards the Inspector.

Harrison immediately ordered to fill up the glass. One of the constables came and took the glass away. In a few moments, he returned with a glass full of water and placed it on the table. Charles took the glass and finished it within a moment. Then he started.

"I stole a cell phone and a sim card from a store as soon as I got out of prison. I called one of my partners to help me to get a cover from the police. And I will never tell you his identity so forget about it." He told this while looking directly at Harrison's eyes.

"After I had talked to my partner, I received a call on my new mobile phone. When I received it, a recording started playing. It was the voice of a middle-aged man."

"Hold on. Check if the voice sounds like this." Fisher started playing a recording from his phone between him and a stranger. It was the recording of the threat call Fisher received today!

"Yes! This is exactly what the recording sounded like." Charles confirmed.

He put the phone back into his coat pocket after the recording had ended.

"In the recording, he offered me a large sum of money to kill you. He told me to press 1 if I want to do this. Now at that time, I needed money because I had to survive in the outside world after escaping from jail. I told him that I don't have any weapons. But there was no reply from the other side. So having no other way I pressed 1. Then another recording started. The same man congratulated me for accepting his offer and then told me that he will provide me a weapon and half of the cash in advance. He told me everything about the point from where I have to shoot you, the exact time when I have to shoot you but didn't tell that there would be an outsider too."

"At what time and where was the meeting?" Harrison asked.

"5 Shires Ln, Leicester LE1 4AN, at 9 p.m." Charles responded.

Harrison immediately noted the address and time in his pad.

"When I arrived at the location mentioned above, I saw no one waiting for me. I began to wait until a man in a black suit with a suitcase approached me. He wore a mask. He didn't wait for me and dropped the suitcase down in front of me and said that the remaining payment will be made after the work is completed. Then he became invisible in the crowd. Those were the events that took place before today's morning." Charles took a deep breath.

"Okay. But I think when the person on the phone told you about the plan he must have told you the escape route, didn't he?" Fisher asked.

"Yes, he did. But I didn't follow it. Because it was a long route and I thought if I follow that route I will get caught. Hence I took the shortcut. But still, I am here. Grrr...!"

"At least you are alive now. If you had taken that route, only your dead body would have reached here." Fisher said with full confidence.

We all got a huge shock from this statement. 

Before we could ask anything Fisher said, "One last question. What was the physique of the man you met before this mission?"

"Tall, nearly 6.4 feet and had a good muscular body. His biceps were clearly visible through his coat because it was a tightfitting coat." Now his irritation was clear in his voice.

"Ok, then that's all I needed to ask for now. Inspector Harrison over to you. Continue your interrogation. If you get any new information, please inform me. Also, please let me know what you discovered on the CCTV footage and from his phone's call history. We should go now, Daniel, otherwise, my lunchtime will be disrupted again." A small chuckle escaped his lips. 

Harrison's mobile phone started ringing as we were about to leave the room. He answered the call.

"What?... Ok, bring his body here." Harrison hung up the call.

Harrison looked towards us and said, "It looks like your lunchtime is going to be disrupted today, Mr. Fisher. A few minutes ago, an old man tried to enter your house. My men stopped him and asked who he is. In reply, he said he is a close relative of Mr. Fisher. So my men ordered him to wait until they take my permission over the phone. The moment one of the constables began to dial my number, the man turned back and began running. As soon as the other constable saw him, he began chasing him, and he eventually caught him. However, the man had cyanide in his mouth. Before my men could ask him a question, he collapsed and died. My men will bring the body here in no time."

Fisher's face showed no sign of excitement. It was as if he knew it would happen. We came out of the interrogation room and started waiting in the inspector's office. While we waited, a constable served us cold coffee and cookies. 

When the body arrived at the police station we all went to see that. It was an old man with a  white beard and mustache. Suddenly Fisher did something that even I was not expecting. He grabbed the dead man's beard and pulled hard. To our surprise, it just came out of his face. The mustache, too, came out of his face in the following round. Rather than an old man, the face that emerged before us was that of a middle-aged man. Harrison seemed still amazed at Fisher's actions and their consequences.

Fisher kept that false beard and mustache aside and said, "I think we should go home now, Daniel. We're done here." 

We stopped by the library on the way home so that Fisher could get the two volumes of 'Revenge'. And the good thing for Fisher was that I was there with him for carrying those heavy books in the backseat of his Harley. That was a lot of weight!

*******************

(𝑾𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕? 𝑰𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆...😊...𝑨𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔. Till then stay safe! stay alert!)