The Threatening Started...

When I got up the next morning I saw Fisher very perturbed. I asked him while having breakfast, "You were telling something about the case at midnight. What is it?"

He said with a grieve, " I was able to hear you snoring loudly when I was telling you. So now forget about it."

"So am I capable enough to know the reason behind your anxiety?" I said.

"I received a call this morning. There was a man on the other side. Actually, he was not talking to me. It was a recording. But that recording is definitely made for me. It said that..."

After that what Fisher said is something like this:- "I know you are investigating my case and I also know you can't catch me but for your betterment, I am warning you that I can catch you anytime anywhere. So get out of my way. Else it would cost your and your loyal friend's life. Once I will finish my job I won't bother you all anymore."

"So that is the only thing which is bothering you? You made me laugh Fisher. You have received hundreds of such threats in your whole life." I said mockingly.

"No. That's not the only thing but...."

His mobile started ringing before he could finish. Only I could hear is this:-

"Yes, Mr. Harrison...What?....Hmm...Where?...okay...same way?...oh...whatttt???... Emails?... Volume 2?...hmm interesting...okay in my place at 6 pm sharp...have a good day."

I was staring at him in the same way when a Lion observes its prey before hunting it. The moment he cut the call I asked, "What was that all about?"

He sighed and said, "More problems Daniel, more problems. Okay, let me start from the beginning. The four kidnapped children were found dead in a stable in Grasmere. They were found by locals and reported to the police. The same tarantula bite I mean tattoo of a spider bite was found in each of the bodies. So it's definitely the same case and the culprit is also the same. Now another interesting thing. All the guardians of those 13 dead children have got an email from the same sender at the same time. The sender of the email is now unavailable for tracking purposes and we are just left with a name which is 'SPIDEY'. "

"What is the content inside the email?" I asked.

"Yes, that's a sort of question I was expecting from you. The sender says that he is sorry that they have lost their son or daughter. And also he added that their ward has given their life for a great cause otherwise, the result could be more deadly. And in the last, the sender added two phrases, Number 1:- 'Revenge: Volume 1 completed', 'Number 2:- Revenge: Volume 2 loading...' that's all in that email."

"It doesn't make any sense!" I exclaimed. "On one hand the sender is consoling the miserable parents and on the other hand he is playing with phrases which also looks like a sort of challenge."

"No Daniel no!" he said. "This email is a clue for us and each of its lines makes sense."

"How?"

"See, maybe the sender is suffering from Dissociative identity disorder because one can't just perform 13 murders and then just console their parents so cool-mindedly. But I may be wrong, I am not sure about this theory. Moving to the next line, 'Given their life for a great cause', from this we can conclude that no matter from which disease he is suffering but he has a mental instability which makes him think that all those murders are for good cause only..."

"Fisher !!!", I interrupted "Maybe he is practicing Voodoo Magic and that's why he is saying that they have given their lives for a good cause."

"It's a good point Daniel, I can't rule out this possibility too. Now back to the email, 'Result could be deadly', possibly the persecutor is again warning us that if we become a hurdle for his mission then it may result in far more devastation. Now coming to those phrases, it is clear that he is taking revenge for something through those innocent. Now he says that Volume 1 is completed which means his first phase of murders is done and now it's time for the second phase which he stated in his next phrase 'Revenge: Volume 2 loading...' Clearly, through this mail he is challenging me and the police department." he said.

"It's strange that he has compared all those real murders just with a book named 'Revenge' having two volumes," I said.

"What? Is there really a book named 'Revenge' having two volumes?" Fisher was in a shock.

"Yes, I have heard about it. It was written by Mr. Samuel Jonas. But I have never got a chance to read it. Wait a minute, are you doubting that this case has something to do with this book?" I was completely amazed.

"Of course Daniel it is. Else our persecutor would not mention that name so prominently. It's a clue for us Daniel it's a clue!!!" He exclaimed. "Let me go to the library and fetch that pair of books. Hope those are not too heavy, I just hate to carry heavy things with me!!!"

Fisher was about to leave his couch in the meantime Mrs. Williams entered the hall and said, "There is someone waiting for you outside the main door."

Fisher said, " Tell that person to come here."

"I have already told him but he desperately said that he can't. He is in a great hurry and it's emergency to meet with you." Mrs. Williams said.

"Ok, ok, let's see who is this new stranger is..." Fisher said and then stood up, left the hall, and went towards the main gate.

*****************

(𝑺𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒅, 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝑭𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆🙁. Will meet you in the upcoming chapter. Till then stay safe! stay alert!)