The Game Started...

After Mr. Harrison left, I asked Fisher, "How do you see it?"

He said, "Complicated but simple. I need some time alone for thinking about this. Daniel, I am going to my library please call me after an hour."

I just nodded. After an hour I called him but he didn't answer. I understood that he is in deep thought. I had nothing to do. So, I decided to roam in the fresh evening air. When I came back after seven o'clock I found him sitting on the sofa, smoking a cigar.

I asked him, "Did you discover anything about the case?"

He said, " Do you know anything about a tarantula?"

I said, "No. Do you?"

He said, "Tarantulas are poisonous spiders. But their poison alone is not capable to cause death. Daniel, do you remember the unidentified substance found inside the bodies? I bet that compound played a major role in those deaths. Now, some keep these insects as a pet in their home. There are nearly over 1000 houses in the UK where these spiders are kept as pets. The person is playing mind games with us. On one hand, he is kidnapping the victims from public places and on the other hand, he is murdering them in such a way so that it seems like a normal death because of a tarantula bite. Now the main point is what is the motive? Moreover kidnapping nine children from different places on the same day is not a piece of cake for a single person, there must be a group behind this. I am not able to go further in this case until I see the dead bodies... So let's visit the morgue first."

In no time, I dressed up and headed for the morgue without any further queries. There are no other remarkable incidents in between but in the middle of the way, I noticed a black Mercedes following us from the beginning.

I said, "Fisher!..."

He said, "Yes! I know, let them follow."

When we reached the morgue we told our motive and after hearing the name of Chief Harrison, the in-charge immediately allowed us to observe the bodies. I saw the bodies, in the same condition as described in the newspaper. Fisher carefully examined the bite mark on one body, then another, then another...and in no time he went through all the bite marks on all the bodies. After that, he suddenly sank into deep thought.

After some time he said," Daniel, let's go our work here is over now."

I asked him, "What did you see there?"

He said, "What! Don't tell me that you didn't notice that."

"Nothing," I said.

"Oh, Daniel! Told you multiple times to observe everything carefully. Even minor details will help us a lot. Listen, all the bite marks are not real marks, they all are tattoos," he said.

"What???"

"See the bite marks properly. You will see no swelling, redness, infections, or rashes around the bitten areas. Now, these are the most common symptoms of a tarantula bite. All these things happen because the skin cells get damaged after the piercing of the tarantula sting and the release of the venom at that place. But in this case, if you touch that part of the bite mark you will feel nothing except normal skin. There are no bite cavities inside the skin, no blisters, no rashes, and neither any infection. Clearly, there is no skin tissue damage.  Because if there is a wound in our body and we left it untreated for days, then it would start converting into an infection. Doctors say that all the children have died nearly two days ago. So until now if these bite marks were real then it would have transformed into a severe infection." He explained.

"But what about the doctors? They verified that they have found Tarantula's poison in their body and they have died because of neurotoxic poisoning. They didn't even notice the false tattoos?" I asked.

"Yes they did and maybe they are not wrong. There may be tarantula poison in their bodies. As you know Daniel, poison can enter a body in various ways. But I believe the doctors didn't examine the bite marks properly once they discovered the tarantula poison inside their bodies. Otherwise, they would have noticed this a long time ago."

I was fully astonished. I said, "This means that they all didn't die because of tarantula bite?"

"No," he said.

The same car followed us to our doorsteps again when we returned home.

When we reached home, Fisher said, "I have some works to do, I will be back soon." And he left.

*****************

(𝑩𝒆 𝒂 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆...𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 😁...Till then Stay safe! Stay alert!)