The Interrogation(1)...

Harrison went outside the hall to talk. After five minutes when he returned back there was a glimpse of happiness on his face.

"Fisher! I have two great pieces of news for you." He said.

"Ok, and what are those?" Fisher said inattentively.

"The first one is our doctors have successfully recognized the unknown element in the 13 dead bodies. It is Batrachotoxin, a deadly neurotoxin generally found in certain species of beetles and frogs."

Immediately Fisher turned a little towards me and gave a 'Told-you-so' look for a moment. I smiled a bit.

"And the second news is the killer of today's murder has been successfully trapped by our department." 

I noticed a clear proud smile on the inspector's face now.

"So, it is none other than the infamous rampage killer Charles Hackney whom I have trapped 3 years ago in London and who have escaped from one of your correctional facilities 2 days ago. Am I right Inspector?" Now Fisher was looking straight into the eyes of the inspector with a smile in the corner of his lips.

I looked towards the inspector. His mouth remained wide opened because of amazement. All his proud feelings had disappeared suddenly. Somehow I controlled my laughter while looking at his face.

"But how???" he asked surprisingly.

Fisher turned towards me and started, "Daniel, do you remember in the police station I said that the shooting style of that person was very familiar to me?"

I nodded up and down.

He continued, "I hope you remember the chase between us and that killer who nearly shot you dead with his insane shooting skills while driving 3 years back. Now generally, I don't forget unique things like his shooting skills. When I again saw that person's skills during my chase today I became pretty sure that this was him. But it took time for me to recall his name and the case about him. I was just thinking about him till now."

Harrison, becoming kind of frustrated said, "Okay! Then why are we wasting time here? Let's go to the police station and interrogate him."

"Yes sure. But please deploy two of your constables here at least for today for guarding Mrs. Williams. Actually, she is in great shock because she witnessed the whole thing with her own eyes. So, if constables will be there in front of our house, she will feel relieved." Fisher said.

"Ok, I will see what can I do."

After that, we went outside of our house and stepped into our beautifully decorated lawn (all thanks to our gardener Mr. Robin Woods). Harrison signaled two constables towards him and told something to them probably about guarding and don't letting anyone enter without his permission. They immediately went towards our house gate and stood there firmly. 

When we reached the police station, I noticed that the energy level of the staff had increased. No doubt it is because of their success in catching a criminal who had escaped the prison two days ago and also an accused of a fresh murder. We entered the police station without any further ado.  

Harrison went towards the inspector and asked, "Did you got any mobile phone from him?"

"Yes, sir we have. And I have sent that phone to our experts to break the lock. It seems to be a brand new phone with a brand new sim card inside it."

"Ok, do it quickly and extract the call log as soon as possible. Mr. Fisher let's visit our guest. He is waiting for a long time inside the interrogation room for us." Harrison chuckled.

We followed him and went inside the interrogation room. There was a man sitting in the middle of the room with handcuffs in his hands. When I saw the face of the man I immediately recognized him. Yes, he was shooting at me. One of his bullets was coming directly towards my head. In the meantime, Fisher pushed me aside while driving with one hand. The bullet missed my head for just a few millimeters. I was clearly able to hear the whizzing sound of the passing bullet.

"Daniel! Daniel! What are you thinking?" Fisher said while jerking my body.

I came back to the present from my terrorizing memories and said, "Nothing, nothing Fisher."

Charles the rampage killer was sitting on one side of the interrogation table. We took our seats on the other side of it facing Charles. 

"So Mr. Charles nice to meet you again." Fisher offered his hand forward for a handshake.

"It's really good to meet you again that too alive." He said this while handshaking with a grin on his face.

  "Alive? Why do you suppose me to die?" Fisher smiled a little.

"Because if I had not missed my shot today morning then your body would be in a morgue instead of this God damn police station where there is none to give me a glass of water till now." He shouted and hit the table hard with his hand to show anger.

Harrison ordered a constable to fetch a glass of water.

"Wait a minute, that means you targeted me this morning not that person whom you shoot? But you are a perfect shooter how could you miss me?" Fisher asked.

"Of course my revenge was with you not that person. And still, if these handcuffs are not in my hands then I would have killed you till now." Charles became furious.

Harrison took out his service pistol and kept it on the table looking straight into the eyes of Charles. Charles tranquilized a bit. Meanwhile, a constable brought a glass of water and kept it beside him. Immediately he took that glass and shallowed the whole water within a second.

"The place where I was standing to shoot you was not a good spot. I had a very bad angle and moreover, that dumb person in front of you was trembling like a maniac. Still, somehow I managed to get an angle where I could clearly shoot. As soon as I fired that man came in front of you taking the bullet in the back of his head and you survived." Charles grunted. 

"Ok, I understood everything. The person who has hired you to kill me has fooled you completely. You will be surprised to know Charles that the man whom you shot this morning was one of his men." Fisher gave an evil smile which was very rare on his face.

"What the...!!??" Charles nearly choked.

"Yes, Charles it's completely true. You may have seen that person giving me an envelope. That envelope was nothing but another threat for me. And you will be surprised to hear what is written in it."

Fisher took out the envelope from his coat pocket and gave Harrison to read out what is written inside it.

After that what Harrison read was this :

"Dear Fisher,

I know after getting my threat call you will still carry on your investigation. So this letter is for you. You saw how an innocent gave his life just in front of you some time ago in the morning. One bullet was enough to take his life. I really care for you, Fisher. I really love the way you solve each and every case. And I really want you to solve more such cases in the future. So it's important for you to stay alive. Therefore don't try to mingle around my case. Else the next bullet will eventually find your head...

Yours Truly,
Spidey

******************

(𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅... 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔? 𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔. 𝑨𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒑𝒍𝒔 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒕... 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒔𝒕 🙂.. See you soon...Till then stay safe! stay alert!)