06/04/2020

Day 8 of the lockdown. I am becoming quite perfect at waking myself up on time. Woke up at 6:01 am today. Today I have got to admit, was a normal one. Reading Harry Potter, as usual, breakfast and then a nap in the afternoon. 

Today, I got news (don't know how true it is) that the president of Ghana had just declared that there will be no payment of electricity or water bills during this period. Good news if true. Although the free electricity will be beneficial for my family, the free water will not because there is no access to pipe borne water. We all rely on vehicle-transported water and their payments are not government-covered. 

Yesterday, Queen Elizabeth II gave a rare address to the United Kingdom and also anyone else in the world who cared to listen. Not like she could do anything to change the situation, but hearing one of the most powerful people in the world speak words of encouragement was enough to keep some people who had almost given up going. It came as a spirit booster especially after the Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, spoke about how people should still expect to lose their loved ones to the virus. His words instilled fear in a lot of people but the queen countered it 10 folds.

Its 7 pm now, I was wrong. I thought today would be normal and expected to eat earlier this evening. The way things are going right now, I'm not sure there will be a second meal today. I now feel really weak. Partly because I haven't eaten but mostly because I wasn't informed that there wouldn't be a second meal. I mean, we had breakfast at about 10 am. If only my parents had said there would be no dinner, I would have eaten breakfast at around 1 pm and not taken that nap. I would have been in bed too by now. Next time I won't make this mistake.

My parents want me to sleep by 9 pm today to conserve energy. There has been an update I would like to share. The first is that the rumours about the payment of electricity and water bills were true. Secondly, I don't know if I mentioned that I was writing another "thing" like this one. I want that thing to turn out as a book though. A real book. For now, it's called "SEEING THROUGH THE UNIVERSE" and it is being written by my alter ego, Shazam Spower-Zelt. He has already added an intro and some extra lines into the main book.